SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Question on SOT / FFL expiring while I am waiting on stamp.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question on SOT / FFL expiring while I am waiting on stamp. Login/Join 
Picture of dusty3030
posted
I've got cans that I am waiting on stamp to come back.
The SOT that has them is going through renewal and I am not 100% sure it is going to work out.

So, my question. If he doesn't renew, and he has my cans, what do I do? When the stamps do come can I still get the cans since the process started when the FFL was valid? I fear they have to be transferred to another and I have to start from scratch.

Straight shootin!
dusty

Posts: 3006 | Location: Memphis, mf'n, TN | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd call the ATF and ask them. There has to be a process in place to handle this situation. It must come up all the time. Your FFL can't legally possess an NFA item they don't have a license for.

Sig Sauer SP2022 .40 S&W Two Tone
Sig Sauer P224 No Longer Nickel 9mm
Sig Sauer P290RS 9mm Two Tone
Sig Sauer 1911 RCS
Sig Sauer P220 SAS Special Configuration
Sig Sauer M400 223/556
Sig Sauer P230SL .380

Posts: 24 | Registered: May 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
FFL/SOT here. How long ago did he file the paperwork? Do you have the serial numbers? I'd call the ATF and ask the status of your items. Can't be the first time this has happened, and besides...it's his problem, not yours really. Once he filed the form 4 and ATF approves, they are not his cans anymore. They belong to you.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 4151 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dusty3030
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:
FFL/SOT here. How long ago did he file the paperwork? Do you have the serial numbers? I'd call the ATF and ask the status of your items. Can't be the first time this has happened, and besides...it's his problem, not yours really. Once he filed the form 4 and ATF approves, they are not his cans anymore. They belong to you.

Paperwork was submitted in mid April. I did a trust and my wife and I did all the photo/fingerprint cards etc. Supposedly the cans are there at his shop, but I haven't seen them. I don't have any other information. His license just expired end of August. He is saying his new SOT came in and he is good there and supposedly his FFL is coming in.
I've been giving the guy some grace. He was really good in the past, but his wife is in bad shape with cancer (she is in her late 30's, really young) that all came up after we submitted our paperwork. I am pretty sure that is what has him in a mess.

Straight shootin!
dusty

Posts: 3006 | Location: Memphis, mf'n, TN | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post