SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Dead Air releases Key-Mo for Saker and Omega

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Dead Air releases Key-Mo for Saker and Omega Login/Join 
Picture of swage
posted
I purchased my Sandman L and S because I preferred the mounting system over SiCo's offerings. Had this been available I would've gone with the Omega. I may still pick one up when the wait times are back to an acceptable level.

http://www.recoilweb.com/dead-...adapters-120870.html

Posts: 1501 | Location: Ohio | Registered: October 17, 2007Report This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
Interesting, though at an MSRP of $249 (real world I suspect $179-199) might be a bit rich for some, myself included.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SigM4,

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Posts: 3684 | Location: Springfield, MO...for now (Texan by birth) | Registered: April 14, 2006Report This Post
...and now here's Al
with the Weather.
Picture of guardianangel762
posted Hide Post
So why is the dead air release better than the silencerco ones? Is it a because they say so kinda thing or is it really so much better I will not miss my $170 to $250 for the price of the mount?

Posts: 8809 | Location: Lake Stevens, WA | Registered: March 20, 2005Report This Post
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Dead Air's mount is an excellent design, and they're quite proud of it! IMO this is a VERY Cool product & marketing strategy. It enables customers to adopt/purchase Dead Air Silencers and still use their existing SilencerCo cans on the same weapon! There are a lot of existing SilencerCo customers out in the market, and this product enables Dead Air to access that customer base by eliminating the mount issue for customers already standardized on SiCo.

That said, I hope Dead Air has the development of the product very well documented. They could be in hot water if Mike Pappas left SilencerCo with any inlellectual property not authorized in his separation agreement.

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!

Posts: 2745 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Report This Post
...and now here's Al
with the Weather.
Picture of guardianangel762
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
That said, I hope Dead Air has the development of the product very well documented. They could be in hot water if Mike Pappas left SilencerCo with any inlellectual property not authorized in his separation agreement.

I think any intellectual property is in baffle design. This a threaded thing that interfaces with another threaded thing that is not their threaded thing. Which technically interfaces with a different threaded thing that they made for the end of your gun...which is also threaded.

Posts: 8809 | Location: Lake Stevens, WA | Registered: March 20, 2005Report This Post
Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
The suppressor can only index one way and once indexed, you simply twist 3/4 turn to tighten it. I like that it can only index one way for POI repeatability. Also if you want to mount it under a rail slightly there is no collar that you have to turn.

Posts: 1501 | Location: Ohio | Registered: October 17, 2007Report This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
I like having options and I think dead air has on of the best mounting methods. But I don't see myself spending $170 for it and then all the additional brakes/flash hiders at $80 anytime soon. Maybe if I bought a Sandman down the road.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 2580 | Location: Winston-Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Report This Post
Not all who wander
are lost.
Picture of JohnV
posted Hide Post
I will have both an Omega and Sandman L in my trust....I'll be all over this. Love it.

Posted from my iPhone.

Posts: 3926 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: February 22, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Damn, wish I would have paying attention before I bought a load of SiCo mounts. I definitely prefer the DA mounting system and muzzle devices.

Posts: 6167 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Report This Post
sick puppy
Picture of PorterN
posted Hide Post
I just got my Omega out of jail, and was pleasantly surprised with the ease of mounting and unmounting. I'm a bit confused as to how this KEY-MO makes it better/easier.

☣Biohazard☣

Posts: 6189 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Report This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
Picture of RHINOWSO
posted Hide Post
SiCo has done the same thing, as you can get a Saker adaptor to mount to AAC 51T mounts (and their mounting solution is superior to AACs ratchet process).

Good to see this kind of thing.

read what you want
watch what you want
play what you want
think what you want
say what you want

Posts: 34542 | Location: Around | Registered: July 12, 2008Report This Post