SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Yes, did it again, baffle strike.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Yes, did it again, baffle strike. Login/Join 
posted
Very first shot with my Surefire socom, shot it off. Wasn't indexed and locked correctly. Thought I learned my, expensive, lesson.
First shot on a ruger american ranch in 7.62x39, didn't sound right.

Looked and sure enough another baffle strike.
Only thing I can think of is I didn't get the mount square on the muzzle when I put it on?

Back in CA and I hope to know soon.

Posts: 1138 | Location: AZ | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Was the barrel threaded to the bore or the barrel? Should be threaded to the bore to ensure a straight bullet path. Anytime I use a new gun/suppressor combo I use a laser chamber bore sighter.
Yep, I had a baffle strike. Yep, it’s overkill.
Yep, it takes a long time for the company to repair.

Posts: 1181 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Two Strikes...You know what they say! Wink

Sounds like you are in DEFINITE Need of one (maybe both) of these --> https://geissele.com/tools/sup...-alignment-gage.html

ETA - Make sure you are NOT using a 'Crush Washer' behind your Mount(s), which can often (usually?) lead to a Canted Mount! Use Shims instead (when using a Flash Hider or a Muzzle Brake), especially if you want to 'time' the mount.

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!

Posts: 3113 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Either you are:
(1) not putting the cans on right,
(2) not putting the muzzle devices on right, or
(3) your threading on the weapons is crappy, leading to poor alignment.

Regardless, figure it out and STOP.

Or just send me money instead of burning it yourself! Big Grin

Posts: 39393 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post