SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Home defense rig
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Home defense rig Login/Join 
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted
The Rugged Obsidian is not new, but the FNX-45 Tactical is! Can’t wait to put it through its paces..

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
Your going to love it... The Tact's were just meant to be suppressed! Should have gotten it in FDE though, they're more accurate ! Big Grin

Posts: 1242 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Big Grin I hope I can hit paper in DA.. I swear you could do pull ups on the trigger. Hopefully it lightens up with use. It is a sweet piece though.

quote:
Originally posted by CandyMan.45:
Your going to love it... The Tact's were just meant to be suppressed! Should have gotten it in FDE though, they're more accurate ! Big Grin

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice,

I have a similar set up.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
^^ Beautiful piece!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:
^^ Beautiful piece!

I have to say, yours makes me want to swap out to my HK USP45, or even my MK23

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for being
genuinely stupid
posted Hide Post
Nice looking Can.

Posts: 340 | Location: Derby City KY. | Registered: April 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have that same set up for HD but in FDE and a Surefire light. Shoots quiet and is surprisingly well balanced. I went to this set up from a suppressed P220 for more capacity and couldn't be happier.

Posts: 179 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The REAL value won't be apparent, unless you're actually forced to use it. I don't know what the decibel rating is for a .45, indoors. Loud for sure.

No one should lose their hearing because some fool decides to invade your home.

Nice looking setup, good work!

Posts: 195 | Location: Smithfield, Utah | Registered: April 29, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
I like the idea of a suppressed pistol for home defense but I’m wondering where does one keep such a set up?
Is everyone just keeping it out in the open on your night stand?? I keep my 226 in a small biometric safe on my night stand but a suppressed pistol would never fit.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6309 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
I keep my P320 Tacops w/Rugged Obsidian 9 in this bedside FAS1.

https://products.fas1safe.com/...ctId=16&categoryId=1

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
The FAS1 safes are excellent. I bought one when I finished my AZ CCW class in '02 for my S&W 66. But now I have this for HD

and will need to get the FAS1 Brett B found.

And now dry-fly has got me thinking I need to move up to .45!

Posts: 3999 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
I should add, before I got the FAS1 I tried this SentrySafe two-gun model:

https://www.amazon.com/SentryS...acity/dp/B0716M35G1/

It does fit a compact pistol with a short suppressor, but if you are thinking about going this route DO NOT buy it. The button presses are terrible, meaning it often "misses" a press even when you are going slowly and deliberately. It's very difficult to determine that you missed one, so you have to keep starting over.

On top of that the gas shock failed after just 1-year of light use. SentrySafe begrudgingly sent me a new shock but threatened it was a one-time deal and they would not do it again. Avoid this SentrySafe.

If you need to fit a suppressed pistol in a bed-side quick access safe just spend the money on the FAS1 I posted and don't look back.

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post