SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Classifieds Section    WTB: 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WTB: 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited Login/Join 
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted
I know that this is a stretch for a gun forum, but I am a Jeep enthusiast from way back and am looking for this vehicle. Hoping some members may have some leads or may possibly own one that they are tired of. Willing to add gun related items to the sale.

Posts: 1372 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fullmann
posted Hide Post
I feel your pain, living in MI they are all rusted junk.

Been lusting after one since the first one I worked on in 1998.

Posts: 376 | Location: Mid Michigan  | Registered: June 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I would cast a wide net on Autotrader & cargurus. As mentioned, look outside the ‘rust belt’.

With an older Chrysler, I’d approach with extreme caution.

Posts: 4623 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
With an older Chrysler, I’d approach with extreme caution.

Indeed. I used to have a 5.2 limited and carried a spare crank position sensor at all times. I have the tools and knowledge to fix anything mechanical on the car.

There is a super clean 6 cylinder 98 right by my house, cleanest I've ever seen. I really want to hold out for what I actually want tho.

Posts: 1372 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
There is a '98 listed on Hemmings Motor News, in New Hampshire. 77,000 Miles. One owner. $10.5 OBO. Has the 5.9 and is a Limited model. Got 14 pictures posted.

Posts: 16467 | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I’m a fan of the last of the true live axle SUV’s as well. If it doesn’t work out, consider A low mileage WJ with the 4.7L V8. My 02 has a high flow intake and exhaust and for what it is, it’s a solid truck like SUV. The Selec-trac transfer case lets me decide between 2 and 4wd and it is a capable off roader in factory trim if the ruts aren’t too deep. I’m considering 2” of coil spacer lift to gain a bit more clearance. Solid Jeep and maybe a little cheaper than the much sought after 5.9 ZJ.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: gearhounds,

“We have put together, I think, the most extensive and and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics.”- Joe Biden

Posts: 12469 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
If it doesn’t work out, consider A low mileage WJ with the 4.7L V8

A good suggestion, but I'm so in love with the ZJ. I "cut my teeth" wrenching on them when they were new and I was getting my ASE certifications. Not to mention a girl I dated received a brand new 5.9 limited for her high school graduation gift and would let me drive it all the time. Gotta find one, but would settle for the 5.2.

Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
There is a '98 listed on Hemmings Motor News, in New Hampshire. 77,000 Miles. One owner. $10.5 OBO. Has the 5.9 and is a Limited model. Got 14 pictures posted.

That Jeep is approx. 35 miles from me if you need a gearhead w/ a critical eye to take a closer look. Wink

What's up with the Rocker Panels, both sides? Looks asymmetrical to me & not factory styling....High centered on an icy New England snowbank?

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Take America Back!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 4424 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That Jeep looks promising. I'm curious as to that undercoating. The pinch welds are rusty as I would expect, but the unibody rails look pristine. Curious.

posted Hide Post
I have been in talks with the one on Hemmings in NH and the seller is not honest. I asked him specifically to send me pics of the rear bumper where it looks like there is damage and he said he "never noticed". Lying mf, took him all day and repeated requests to finally send a blurry pic of it. It's been either wrecked or backed into something. I'd keep looking if I were you, OP. Email me for more insight.

Posts: 534 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: January 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GroundedCLK
posted Hide Post
https://www.ridesunlimitedchic...5242bbb16d30b9589042
quote:
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited

Posts: 1787 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: January 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I feel ya, brother. I bought myself a 1997 5.2 limited about 2 years ago. I too was seeking the elusive 5.9, but this 5.2 was about the best I had ever seen, so I couldn't say no. I drive her everyday. Got real lucky and found her in the desert of Nevada. No rust and all original. I couldn't be happier.

I hope you find what you are looking for. I'm driving mine until the wheels fall off.

Posts: 78 | Registered: February 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post