SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Classifieds Section    FOUND: old style double roll pin for P226 (folded slide)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FOUND: old style double roll pin for P226 (folded slide) Login/Join 
posted
I have older P226 with folded carbon steel slide and two-piece firing pin position pin (inner and outer pins). The inner pin seems broken; it comes out a bit from the left side after every range trip while the right side always looks flush.

It looks like these pins are discontinued now; all online places I know of are out of stock. Sig recommends replacing both pins every time they are removed so I am looking to buy a set, inner and outer pins. They are the same for P220/P225/P226/P228 with carbon steel slides as far as I know...

Need new pins, not used ones.

My email is in profile.

Thank you.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: avlcat,

Posts: 470 | Location: SF Bay Area, CA | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
Let me check my parts bin, I may have a few of these. It will be later this afternoon before I’ll know but will post back here.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Posts: 4183 | Location: Willow Park, TX | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chris Orndorff
posted Hide Post
Brownells had them in stock yesterday

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Jeff Cooper

Now an FFL licensee, working on SIGs and other assorted firearms. My email is in my profile.

Posts: 8327 | Location: UT | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
eMail sent

Posts: 641 | Location: CA | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
You can also use new one piece spiral pin...I think the long extractor type but not sure

Posts: 247 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got the spiral pin from taguin, thank you! Installed and perfectly works. The old one was indeed broken, both outer and inner.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: avlcat,

Posts: 470 | Location: SF Bay Area, CA | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a 226 purchased in '91 with 3300 rounds through it and a 228 acquired in '96 with 1600 rounds fired. Recoil springs in both have been replaced - the 226 was definitely weak despite less than a 5000 round throughput. Changed the 228 just because.

The roll pins on both are probably fatigued and I won't fire them before replacement. I would appreciate information on the source for spiral replacements (taguin?) so I can purchase and replace.

BTW, both are sweet shooters?

Thanks,

RobG

Posts: 57 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: August 24, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello RobG,

In my profile you will find my email address.

Thanks,

taguin (Tony)

Posts: 641 | Location: CA | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post