SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Classifieds Section    WTS: Springfield TRP Armory Kote, Sig 516 G2 10" Upper ANIB, *added* Remington 700 Titanium
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WTS: Springfield TRP Armory Kote, Sig 516 G2 10" Upper ANIB, *added* Remington 700 Titanium Login/Join 
Ride the lightning
Picture of Killer Instincts
posted
I’m cleaning out some things I don’t use in order to fund a new toy and/or a new optic for my long gun. Payment accepted via Venmo, postal money order, personal check (item shipped when it clears) or cash. I’d also consider partial/full trades for Vortex Razor, Nightforce, or similar high quality precision rifle optics.

First up is an early Springfield TRP in Armory Kote finish. I purchased this used from a forum member in 2010 with no box, papers, or original grips. It comes with the very nice, tight fitting cocobolo grips shown in the pictures. NM serial number, with matching numbers on slide and frame.

Condition is used, showing honest holster wear and range wear on the high spots and edges. I personally really like aesthetic of a lightly worn 1911, but not everyone does. There is no idiot mark, and the only real blemish is a very slight peening at the lower corner of the slide where the safety engages it. This does not impact function at all and to my eye is barely noticeable. See pictures. Stock combat night sights are dim, which makes sense for a 15-20 year old gun. Other than the grips, this pistol is totally stock. Round count is unknown – I’ve fired around 1k rounds though it.

Slide-to-frame fit is exceptional on this gun, and it exhibits very little “rattle.” It shoots far better than I am capable. Rails and internals show minor wear and absolutely zero tooling marks; whoever put this gun together did a hell of a nice job. I’m not thrilled to let it go but I have other projects in mind. Comes with 2 original 7 round magazines w/ base pads and the original felt Springfield bag, and will ship in a non-original hard plastic case inside a cardboard box.

Looking for $1050 FTF in Northern CO on this one, or add actual shipping FFL to FFL. If meeting locally we will need to go through an FFL per state law, thank you liberals.

I also have a Storm Lake threaded barrel and bushing in nitride finish available for $125. Approximately 200 rounds though it.

Pictures: Springfield TRP

The second item is an ANIB Sig Sauer 516 G2 10” piston-driven upper for the AR platform. These are no longer available from Sig. This is one of the late-production ones with no bayonet lug and the extended quad rail. Comes in the original box and bag, with all original paperwork and accessories including bolt carrier, charging handle, recoil spring and buffer, and chamber flag. Still has the packing oil/grease on it from the factory and has never even been mounted on a lower.

Barrel is a 10” 1/7 twist with a 5.56 NATO chamber and an A2 birdcage. There is plenty of clearance to mount a suppressor – either direct thread or QD – without contacting the gas system adjustment, making for an extremely compact, quiet, and CLEAN running little SBR/pistol setup. Not thrilled to let this one go either, but I don’t really need two of them.

Asking $700 plus actual shipping to your door.

Pictures: Sig 516 G2 Upper

ADDED 1/8

Remington 700 Titanium chambered in .260 Remington, used condition with all box and papers. Twist rate in this rifle is 1 in 9.5, if memory serves.

This was a factory warranty replacement, as our original (earlier) Titanium 700 was not up to even Remington's factory accuracy requirements. As such, they sent a brand new gun in August 2004 (see photo). Accuracy on this one is decidedly up to par.

These are exceedingly uncommon, particularly in the best caliber choice, .260 Remington. Rifle has been shot a little and carried a lot - it shows finish wear/scratches on the barrel and the paint is flaking off of the trigger guard, as shown in photos. Crown and bore are perfect.

Rifle weighs in at just 5 lbs, 8 oz Eek - really just an ideal lightweight backpacking elk or deer rifle in a caliber that will do it all. Or better still, rebarrel it in the short action caliber of your choice for the ultimate lightweight custom rifle. Only reason for the sale is to redirect funds towards other projects.

Asking $2250 FTF or plus actual shipping to your FFL.

Photos: .260 Titanium

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Killer Instincts,

"You, my friend, are a highly educated and respected authority on all things frivolous." - my dad

"We can't stop here... this is Bat Country."

Posts: 2039 | Location: Northern CO | Registered: March 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ride the lightning
posted Hide Post
Bump 'n grind. Open to offers, email in profile.

"You, my friend, are a highly educated and respected authority on all things frivolous." - my dad

Posts: 2039 | Location: Northern CO | Registered: March 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ride the lightning
posted Hide Post
Sunday bump

Ride the lightning
posted Hide Post
Bump! Make me an offer...