SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Classifieds Section    WTS: SPC2009, P228 holsters, Sig Pro .40 slide and .357sig bbl and mags, FNS .40 slide and mags, and more - price drops 12/16/18
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WTS: SPC2009, P228 holsters, Sig Pro .40 slide and .357sig bbl and mags, FNS .40 slide and mags, and more - price drops 12/16/18 Login/Join 
Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
Bump with price drops.

Posts: 853 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
Happy Thanksgiving Day bump.
Eat good. Do some shopping. Be thankful for everything you've got.

Posts: 853 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What was it about the 1911 Target grips that didn't fit your RIA?

Posts: 1328 | Registered: October 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GP229:
What was it about the 1911 Target grips that didn't fit your RIA?

It's been a while so I had to get it out and try again. The primary issue is the screw bushings, which would be an easy fix either with new bushings or a little sand/file of the holes on the grips.

Taking the bushings off they fit much better, but it is just a smidge too tight at the very bottom back part of the frame. Looking at a 1911 parts diagram this is apparently called the mainspring housing. Again, a little sand/file or maybe a new mainspring housing (the one on my RIA does appear to stick out a bit) would remedy this also.

I am not really interested in hacking away at a $125 set of grips, or buying new parts for the gun, and if I did I would still need to get new mags with bumpers as these grips have the magwell. They also don't look as good on my polished nickel RIA as I had hoped. Overall they just aren't what I was looking for.

Thanks for asking, I was forced to learn a bit more about 1911s. These grips should fit any standard fullsize GI or Commander sized 1911, but may require a little fitting. These are the grips that are on the Sig 1911 Super Target and Stainless Super Target.

Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I'll take #12 the southern sidekick.

"We may consent to be governed, but we will not be ruled." - Kevin D. Williamson, 2012

"All the citizens of this land are of right freemen; they owe no allegiance to any class and should recognize no task-masters. Under the chart of their liberties, under the law of high heaven, they are free and without shackles on their limbs nor mortgages upon the fruits of their brain or muscles; they bow down before no prince, potentate, or sovereign, nor kiss the royal robes of any crowned head; they render homage only to their God and should pay tribute only to their Government. Such at least is the spirit of our institutions, the character of our written national compact."

Charles Triplett O’Ferrall of Virginia - In Congress, May 1, 1888

Posts: 9586 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
Bump TTT

Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
Bump TTT

Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
Bump TTT

Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
Bump TTT

Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
Dropped prices on most items.

Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
Bump TTT

Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
Bump TTT

Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
Bump TTT

Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
#13 sold and shipped. Many other items still available.

Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
I'll take #11 R.Grizzle T/c if it's still available.

email, and payment sent.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Greymann,

Posts: 364 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Received holster today Smile Thanks JBird.

Posts: 364 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post