SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Classifieds Section    WTS: Sig 1911 GSR 2 Tone Non-railed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WTS: Sig 1911 GSR 2 Tone Non-railed Login/Join 
posted
Sig 1911 GSR 2 tone non-railed pistol – one of 75.
$800
According to Sig customer service, this pistol is one of only 75 made (please see the attached email from Sig customer service). I bought this pistol new in July of 2006. The pistol has probably had around 250 rounds through it. I’ve drifted away from .45 ACP and I would like to sell this one to fund other weapons/ammo. This pistol is rock solid and with the exception of a small “idiot mark”, there are no marks on it. It comes with everything it left the factory with: factory matching box, two Novak’s 8 rd mags, gun lock, & manual. The pistol came with factory installed Novak’s night sights, but they are a little dim now. This pistol does NOT have the “manhole cover” on it. You pay shipping and insurance (to be calculated after the deal is done). I can accept PayPal (discreet) or a USPS money order. Please let me know if you need any more photos and I will email them to you. Ensure your FFL will accept a shipment from a private individual.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TKE-AX611,

MSgt, USAF (Retired)

Posts: 64 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bump.

MSgt, USAF (Retired)

Posts: 64 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bump with lower price.

MSgt, USAF (Retired)

Back in Black
posted Hide Post
I believe this is a regular two tone, reverse is the other way around.

Posts: 830 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RobC2:

I'm just going by what the rep at Sig indicated in the email exchanges we had. Most (if not all) of the 1911 pistols I've seen have black slides and stainless frames. I do know I've searched all of the Sig catalogs and Fjestad's Blue Book of Gun Values and I've never seen this pistol listed anywhere. I have a Sig factory letter indicating the pistol was built on 24 May 2006 and shipped out the next day.

MSgt, USAF (Retired)

Back in Black
posted Hide Post
Try a google search of both two-tone and reverse two-tone.

Posts: 830 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the DL
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TKE-AX611:
quote:
Originally posted by RobC2:
I'm just going by what the rep at Sig indicated in the email exchanges we had.
Looks like the SIG rep made an error (can you actually believe that?). Typing in a hurry, got careless, whatever.

RobC2 is correct. Two-tone is normally black frame, stainless slide. Reverse two-tone is normally black slide, stainless frame. When I say "stainless," I am referring to a silvery color. Could be stainless steel, could be nickel, etc.

Error 404: Page Not Found

Posts: 15094 | Location: Central Florida (near Orlando) | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info!

MSgt, USAF (Retired)

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Actually, there was a time when the "regular" two-tone was referred to as reverse two-tone. Can you believe that? Wink

Posts: 12401 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bump.

MSgt, USAF (Retired)