SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Classifieds Section    < Received. Please lock thread >
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
< Received. Please lock thread > Login/Join 
Once a Marine,
always a Marine
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Bridger:
I have never heard of Blanton'S Bourbon. My favorite is Woodford Reserve Double Oak. It is $95 bucks here on the Western Slope of the Great Divide.

And $43 in Minnesota; it's part of my regular rotation. Amazing how the supply/demand changes by region.

It's $65 for the single barrel version.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 10422 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Woodford Reserve Double Oak

Its 51.99 at Ohio State stores

Posts: 740 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Report This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
You can Google online liquor store delivery, there are quite a few that will ship direct to the house. I have used two different companies and both worked exactly as I wanted. Warning, it's not cheap with shipping but if you need it for something special it might be your only option.

----------------------------
In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man
is a shame, two is a law firm,
and three or more is a congress.
-- John Adams

Posts: 3424 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Report This Post
Picture of blueshep
posted Hide Post
Check in my old store today and no Blanton’s. They haven’t had it since Christmas.

----------------------------------------
NRA Lifetime Member

Posts: 1436 | Location: Northeast,Ohio | Registered: November 11, 2011Report This Post
Once a Marine,
always a Marine
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
ElKabong:

Without embarrassing you too much, the package arrived in perfect condition.

The cost to me, virtually a “thank you“, is just one more reason I believe that the members of SIG Forum are some of the best on the Internet.

Thank you very much,

John

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 10422 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Report This Post
Picture of IndianaMike
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
ElKabong:

Without embarrassing you too much, the package arrived in perfect condition.

The cost to me, virtually a “thank you“, is just one more reason I believe that the members of SIG Forum are some of the best on the Internet.

Thank you very much,

John

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Sig Forum ROCKS

Posts: 1244 | Location: NORTHEAST INDIANA | Registered: August 18, 2006Report This Post
Picture of usmc-nav
posted Hide Post
Ronin1069 and ElKabong this is one of the reasons that this is one of my favorite websites to visit. Lots of good people on here.

Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
Can someone post pic of box, just curious what is special about it. Thanks

Posts: 1585 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Report This Post
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SSgt USMC/Vet:
Can someone post pic of box, just curious what is special about it. Thanks

Nothing super cool, bags pretty neat tho

I quit school in elementary because of recess.......too many games
--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2531 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Report This Post
THE SIGGUY
Picture of SIGGUY (THE 1ST)
posted Hide Post
Each Bottle Horse cap has a specific letter. Each Bottle cap has a different letter. People will collect them which you can then spell Blanton's. My last bottle was noted as 93 proof. It is super smooth and tasty. Enjoy!

-------------------------------------------------------2/28/2015 ~ Rest in peace Dad. Lt Commander E.G.E. USN Love you.

Posts: 5035 | Location: Great State of NH | Registered: January 29, 2004Report This Post
Picture of 45_Auto
posted Hide Post
I have a bottle and am lucky enough to get a call from my local State Liquor Store when they get it in.
You may want to try some "Eagle Rare" second to Blanton's, It's very good.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
A Veteran is someone who wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'Up to and including their life'.
That is Honor. Unfortunately there are way too many people in this Country who no longer understand that.

Posts: 2285 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: November 29, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Please forgive a slight thread drift, but you folks in different parts of the Country, are you guys seeing any Henry McKenna 10 y/o 100 proof bourbon for sale?? It is one of my favorites, but nowhere to be found in my State. Sorry for the drift.

Posts: 4742 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I have about a 25% hit ratio finding McKenna BIB at my local liquor store. It's an allocated item so just 1 person, going for $42. I agree, it's one of my favorites as well.

Posts: 204 | Location: Chicago Area | Registered: November 16, 2014Report This Post
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ElKabong:
he says out of case of 6 only 3 will have boxes, has anyone seen them in the case to verify that

Yep, half in boxes the other half in bag. If the store is really lucky, they may even get a copperhead like mine did

Posts: 1802 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Report This Post
Picture of rjinaz85308
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGGUY (THE 1ST):
Each Bottle Horse cap has a specific letter. Each Bottle cap has a different letter. People will collect them which you can then spell Blanton's. My last bottle was noted as 93 proof. It is super smooth and tasty. Enjoy!

Yup

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American GI.
One died for your soul; the other for your freedom..

Posts: 1130 | Location: AZ | Registered: April 19, 2011Report This Post
Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
Blanton's isn't bad, but it's very over hyped. The small batch specialty bourbons are what new bourbon drinkers are drawn to because they think rarity equates to quality.

Posts: 1828 | Location: Ohio | Registered: October 17, 2007Report This Post
Once a Marine,
always a Marine
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by swage:
Blanton's isn't bad, but it's very over hyped. The small batch specialty bourbons are what new bourbon drinkers are drawn to because they think rarity equates to quality.

I guess similar to most things determined by our taste buds, it's all in what you like and enjoy.

I'm partial to the bourbons put out by Buffalo Trace (which makes Blanton's) and am willing to pay a premium price for it. Not because it is rare, but because it is rare AND I really enjoy it.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
quote:
Originally posted by swage:

I guess similar to most things determined by our taste buds, it's all in what you like and enjoy.

I'm partial to the bourbons put out by Buffalo Trace (which makes Blanton's) and am willing to pay a premium price for it. Not because it is rare, but because it is rare AND I really enjoy it.

I'd lay down good money that most couldn't taste the difference if put to the test. By all means, buy and drink what you enjoy. But the idea that somehow limiting production makes something a superior product is foolish. It is however a genius marketing strategy. Buffalo Trace makes good bourbon no doubt, but far from deserving the hype and prices it has commanded on the secondary market. I could name five other single barrel bourbons that are as good or better if people would get off the hype train and give them a try.

Posts: 1828 | Location: Ohio | Registered: October 17, 2007Report This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
You felt the need to shit on this parade, why?

“I owe my success to having listened respectfully to the very best advice, and then going away and doing the exact opposite.”

Posts: 2327 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Report This Post
Once a Marine,
always a Marine
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
You felt the need to shit on this parade, why?

Dude it is so frustrating. Anyone still reading this before the lock, I'm still looking to add one more bottle for my personal supply.

Otherwise I've requested that Para close the thread, I don't want to go back-and-forth with members about why my bourbon likes are not up to his incredibly trained palate.

Thanks all, especially ElKabong!

J

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ