SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Classifieds Section    WTB - Blanton’s Bourbon
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
WTB - Blanton’s Bourbon Login/Join 
Once a Marine,
always a Marine
Picture of Ronin1069
posted
I have a very special occasion coming up and I’m trying like heck to secure a bottle of Blanton’s for it.

Not sure about the rest of the country, but it’s virtually unfindable in the Midwest,and what comes in is “saved” or lottery’d off.

It’s rare, so I understand that I’ll have to pay a somewhat premium price.

Thank you gents.


___________________________
All it takes...is all you got.
____________________________
For those who have fought for it, Freedom has a flavor the protected will never know

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
 
Posts: 10398 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
where are you located?
 
Posts: 37 | Location: SW Ohio | Registered: February 25, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Once a Marine,
always a Marine
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Minneapolis


___________________________
All it takes...is all you got.
____________________________
For those who have fought for it, Freedom has a flavor the protected will never know

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
 
Posts: 10398 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
I get it for around $80 with tax, usually no box for some reason, I think the clerk is swiping them, he says out of case of 6 only 3 will have boxes, has anyone seen them in the case to verify that?

If I can figure out how to ship it safely you can have a bottle for what I have in it plus shipping.


I quit school in elementary because of recess.......too many games
--Riff Raff--
 
Posts: 2524 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Once a Marine,
always a Marine
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Please let me know if you are able to come up with anything.


___________________________
All it takes...is all you got.
____________________________
For those who have fought for it, Freedom has a flavor the protected will never know

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
 
Posts: 10398 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Can you get a bottle of Rock Hill Farms or Elmer T Lee? They are both from the same mash bill #2 as Blanton's.
 
Posts: 202 | Location: Chicago Area | Registered: November 16, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Once a Marine,
always a Marine
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by brianfede:
Can you get a bottle of Rock Hill Farms or Elmer T Lee? They are both from the same mash bill #2 as Blanton's.


No, neither are available up here. But what I do have access to is Buffalo Trace (which makes Blanton). I can buy it like bottled water up here for $20/bottle. I’ve heard it’s much harder to find and more expensive other places.


___________________________
All it takes...is all you got.
____________________________
For those who have fought for it, Freedom has a flavor the protected will never know

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
 
Posts: 10398 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of blueshep
posted Hide Post
I sold our liquor store and drive thru in December, the Blanton did come in a case of six bottles, three had boxes and three didn’t so their not lying to you. I will check with the new owner tomorrow and see if he got any in. It’s hard to come by and if your lucky enough to get some it’s only one case. I’ll check back in tomorrow.


----------------------------------------
NRA Lifetime Member
 
Posts: 1436 | Location: Northeast,Ohio | Registered: November 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Please let me know if you are able to come up with anything.


I do have one unopened bottle
It’s yours if you want it.
Think I can double box it and take it to UPS incognito

I have a 19 year old devil dog in the house, he’ll probably mix it with Coca Cola or take it to a party at some point if I do t drink it soon.

I have a connect at the local walgreen and can get a bottle every couple of months.

My stash of peach Crown has already mysteriously disappeared. (It’s for the wife, I do t drink that stuff !)


I quit school in elementary because of recess.......too many games
--Riff Raff--
 
Posts: 2524 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Once a Marine,
always a Marine
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ElKabong:
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Please let me know if you are able to come up with anything.


I do have one unopened bottle
It’s yours if you want it.
Think I can double box it and take it to UPS incognito

I have a 19 year old devil dog in the house, he’ll probably mix it with Coca Cola or take it to a party at some point if I do t drink it soon.

I have a connect at the local walgreen and can get a bottle every couple of months.

My stash of peach Crown has already mysteriously disappeared. (It’s for the wife, I do t drink that stuff !)


Please and thank you!

Tell that young man, that from one Devil Dog to another, Semper Fi.

Also tell him, the best part about being a Marine, is being an ex-Marine. It will make sense about 5 months after he's discharged.


___________________________
All it takes...is all you got.
____________________________
For those who have fought for it, Freedom has a flavor the protected will never know

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
 
Posts: 10398 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
Email sent...


I quit school in elementary because of recess.......too many games
--Riff Raff--
 
Posts: 2524 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wandering, but
not lost...I think
Picture of brywards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
quote:
Originally posted by ElKabong:
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Please let me know if you are able to come up with anything.


I do have one unopened bottle
It’s yours if you want it.
Think I can double box it and take it to UPS incognito

I have a 19 year old devil dog in the house, he’ll probably mix it with Coca Cola or take it to a party at some point if I do t drink it soon.

I have a connect at the local walgreen and can get a bottle every couple of months.

My stash of peach Crown has already mysteriously disappeared. (It’s for the wife, I do t drink that stuff !)


Please and thank you!

Tell that young man, that from one Devil Dog to another, Semper Fi.

Also tell him, the best part about being a Marine, is being an ex-Marine. It will make sense about 5 months after he's discharged.

If you want the box to go with ElKabong’s bottle, I have one that my current bottle came in.
 
Posts: 2673 | Location: West Texas | Registered: January 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frog in boiling water
posted Hide Post
I am constantly blown away by the acts of kindness on this forum.
Good on you guys.
God bless.


 
Posts: 387 | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Once a Marine,
always a Marine
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
brywards


I appreciate the offer of the box, but I have a couple boxes left from prior bottles; all set.


___________________________
All it takes...is all you got.
____________________________
For those who have fought for it, Freedom has a flavor the protected will never know

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
 
Posts: 10398 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I will fear no evil..
Psalm 23:4
posted Hide Post
I just scored one in the box a few days ago. I’ve been looking for about 6 months. There was 1 other bottle without the box, I contemplated it but knew the wife would flip out. The salesman did say for some reason only a couple come with the box. Funny thing is, I’ve never even tasted this before just heard it’s one of the best.
 
Posts: 805 | Location: NJ | Registered: September 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
The bourbon heads consider it a starter bourbon
It’s smooth and not very “complex” or something lol, and was the very first mass marketed single barrel bourbon.
You can’t go wrong with it imho


I quit school in elementary because of recess.......too many games
--Riff Raff--
 
Posts: 2524 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by njauto:
I just scored one in the box a few days ago. I’ve been looking for about 6 months. There was 1 other bottle without the box, ....... Funny thing is, I’ve never even tasted this before just heard it’s one of the best.


All this talk has me wanting to try this stuff. I never saw it in PA. NJAUTO where did you get in in NJ. We have a Canal's and Roger Wilco just across the bridge.
 
Posts: 82 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I will fear no evil..
Psalm 23:4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FWP:
quote:
Originally posted by njauto:
I just scored one in the box a few days ago. I’ve been looking for about 6 months. There was 1 other bottle without the box, ....... Funny thing is, I’ve never even tasted this before just heard it’s one of the best.


All this talk has me wanting to try this stuff. I never saw it in PA. NJAUTO where did you get in in NJ. We have a Canal's and Roger Wilco just across the bridge.


I’m nowhere near there. I’m in Northern NJ. Picked this up in a little local mom pop shop.
 
Posts: 805 | Location: NJ | Registered: September 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of rjinaz85308
posted Hide Post
if you can't find the Blanton's you might also look for Woodford. Not a bad substitute


Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American GI.
One died for your soul; the other for your freedom..
 
Posts: 1129 | Location: AZ | Registered: April 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I have never heard of Blanton'S Bourbon. My favorite is Woodford Reserve Double Oak. It is $95 bucks here on the Western Slope of the Great Divide.
 
Posts: 20 | Registered: March 14, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Classifieds Section    WTB - Blanton’s Bourbon

© SIGforum 2020