SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Classifieds Section    WTS: Nikkormat FT3 camera and lots of extras
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WTS: Nikkormat FT3 camera and lots of extras Login/Join 
SIGforum's Indian
Off the Reservation
Picture of bigpond73
posted
I know we have some photography buffs here on the forum, so figured I would post this up for sale before sending it off to ebay. While moving into our new home, I found in my storage a camera which I have not used in over 30 years. My uncle bought this new in 1977 or 1978, and gave it to me to use in jr. high school about 1985.

This is one of the more sought after models, the black body. It is in great shape for it's age. Included with the camera is a leather case (strap is looking a little worn) and the original lens, marked Nikkor Auto 1:1.4 f=50 mm, made in Japan.

Also included in this package deal is a camera case, which appears to have seen better days. It has a side piece of the leather lid detached (included), and the strap is missing.

In the case are these items:

-An old package of Kodak Lens Cleaning Paper.
-A plastic stretchy lens cover.
-A Kodacolor and Kodak Tri X film instruction sheet.
-A bottle of Kodak Lens Cleaner.
-An empty film tube.
-A brass cased lens cleaner.
-A leather Nikon camera strap (appears unused).
-A box that says Accessory Shoe for Nikkormat (has an old battery in it).
-3 misc. lens covers.
-A short remote wire for taking pictures.
-A box with 3 Vemar close up lenses, 52 mm.
-3 sunshades? marked as follows:
1. Nikon f=10.5 cm 1:2.5 f=13.5 cm 1:3.5
2. Nikon f=50 mm f=58 mm 1:1.4
3. Nikkor 35/2 35/2.8 43~86/3.5
-An Accura Aux Telephoto lens, Model VI-T.
-An Accura Wide angle lens, Model VI-W.
-1 lens marked Nikkor-S Auto 1:2.8 f=35 mm (made in Japan).
-1 lens marked Nikkor-P Auto 1:2.5 f=105 mm (made in Japan).
-1 telephoto lens marked Nikkor-Q Auto 1:4 f=20 cm (made in Japan).
-1 flash marked Kako 818 HS. Some idiot left some batteries in it while stored Roll Eyes . There was some corrosion on the bottom of the leads inside the flash. The door was also boogered up a bit trying to get it off to get to the batteries. I tried to clean up the corrosion as best as possible, but buyer may want to disassemble flash and clean thoroughly. I have included a picture to try and show corrosion.

I am not really up to date on camera equipment, so may have misnamed some things. This would make a great starter kit for someone young looking to get into photography. I am going to price it at $325 $300 shipped. If I am way off base, please let me know. Payment by USPS money order only. Shipping will be by USPS (it is all I have in my little town). My email is in my profile. If there are any questions I can answer, or if someone needs more pictures, don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks for looking!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bigpond73,

Mike

You can run, but you cannot hide.

If you won't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

#CNNblackmail

Posts: 4547 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: January 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Wow, I bought the exact same model in Spring 1977 for a college photography class. I shot a lot of B&W through it (my favorite medium at the time). A few years later it was ruined by a mysterious water leak in my car, rusted completely and was not repairable. I have another Nikkormat FT3 in my home office closet as well as a couple F modelsalong with a lot of Nikor lens from that era. In those days nothing was automatic and you learned a lot about how to use the film and camera to get good images. Great training and experience.

Joke: I've got a photographic mind but it's out of film now in the digital world.

Thanks for letting me pop in to your for sale ad. Best wishes to you on selling it.

Posts: 9381 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
We had one in our evidence storage that was never claimed. It went into the police auction a while later and no one had any interest in a manual focus camera when everything was autofocus at the time. Digital was just starting to make it's entry.

One of our guys saw what it was and knew the value...paid five dollars for it.

Awhile back I put all of my Nikon Nikonos gear on Ebay. Got snapped right up. There are still fans of 35mm.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5491 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Indian
Off the Reservation
Picture of bigpond73
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys.

I used it quite a bit in Jr. and High School, taking pictures for the yearbook and school newspaper. I used to develop all my film in the school black room. I loved B&W also, only got into color later. Seems I lost interest in photography about age 16..... Wink

Mike

#CNNblackmail

Posts: 4547 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: January 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Indian
Off the Reservation
Picture of bigpond73
posted Hide Post
Bump. Would make a great Christmas gift for that aspiring photographer. Smile

I am open to offers if anyone thinks my price is too high. Worst I could say is no.

Thanks for looking!

Mike

#CNNblackmail

SIGforum's Indian
Off the Reservation
Picture of bigpond73
posted Hide Post
Black Friday bump and price drop to $300.

Mike

#CNNblackmail