SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Classifieds Section    WTB Williams peep sight for Ruger .44 carbine
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WTB Williams peep sight for Ruger .44 carbine Login/Join 
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted
Looking for the top mount style rear peep sight that uses the factory mounting holes in the receiver. Not interested in the side mount variety that requires drilling and tapping. Thanks in advance.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: gearhounds,

“We have put together, I think, the most extensive and and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics.”- Joe Biden

Posts: 12344 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had one of these very neat little carbines , years ago. I had similar problems finding a peep. It seems to me ( NOT 100% SURE) that I eventually used a Williams peep for the 10/22 and it fit fine without any hole drilling.

My recommendation , first would be to call a tech person at Williams and see what he says. I wish I were sure about the fitment but I can't say for sure.

Btw...I really liked my little Ruger with the peep. Wink

Posts: 1000 | Location: Idaho | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
^^^^
Williams says they are not compatible, unfortunately.

“We have put together, I think, the most extensive and and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics.”- Joe Biden

Posts: 12344 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy that Classic SIG in All Stainless,
No rail wear will be painless.
Picture of cee_Kamp
posted Hide Post
Williams makes a rear peep for the Ruger .44 but the website says out of stock.

https://shop.williamsgunsight..../wgrsruger-44-001478

This appears to use existing drilled/tapped holes.

I would be calling Williams and asking them what the production holdup was.

NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Instructor
USPSA Chief Range Officer

Posts: 1039 | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I don’t know why it’s still on the website, but I’m pretty sure they’ve been discontinued. Hence my dilemma.

posted Hide Post
Look at NEF (New England Firearms) they make some excellent peep sights. In the past, they have made for the Ruger.
Darrel

Posts: 51 | Location: Northern MN | Registered: March 08, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
^^^
Nothing compatible without drilling new holes which I want to avoid.

Picture of cee_Kamp
posted Hide Post
I emailed Williams about your peep sight.
I got an automated response.
It said wait 2 business days for a real answer.
I will let you know what they say.

NRA Instructor

Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
^^^
Appreciated- I found another option that wouldn’t be my first choice, but any port in a storm. Skinner makes a simple peep that threads into the standard receiver scope mount hole... if the thread pitch is the same as the 10/22. If not, I’ll have a peep for that rifle instead and continue my search.

Picture of cee_Kamp
posted Hide Post
Sent you email.

NRA Instructor

Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Replied, thanks.

Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Still looking, sourced sight was the wrong style.

Picture of cee_Kamp
posted Hide Post
Forwarded email response from Williams Customer Service to you.

NRA Instructor

Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Got it- not encouraging.

Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Still looking