SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Classifieds Section    WTS-USGI M1 Carbine, SIG P229 no rail 357/40 pkg,P226 holsters (Black Point Tac/ High Noon),HK P7 holster
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WTS-USGI M1 Carbine, SIG P229 no rail 357/40 pkg,P226 holsters (Black Point Tac/ High Noon),HK P7 holster Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Thank You Sir.VI

Posts: 549 | Registered: July 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
orareyougladtoseeme
Picture of isthatasiginyourpocket
posted Hide Post
I emailed earlier this afternoon regarding the 226 Navy and haven't heard back. I'll take it if it's available.

Posts: 2531 | Location: Blaine,MN USA | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'll take it if it's available.

Glad someone posted that, I've been looking at it all afternoon.

Posts: 642 | Location: Dayton, OH | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gas226
posted Hide Post
take your time...hopefully you'll find a hapy home for the Navy.

Posts: 394 | Location: Miami | Registered: August 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
That is a nice looking gun, thanks for the pics.

Posts: 1269 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by isthatasiginyourpocket:
I emailed earlier this afternoon regarding the 226 Navy and haven't heard back. I'll take it if it's available.

Congratulations, it is SPF to you! Cool

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Modern Day Savage,

Posts: 4669 | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
posted Hide Post
For all who have expressed an interest in any of the items I have sold or am currently selling I want to sincerely thank you for your interest! I've had a number of enjoyable and smooth transactions with members over the years.

I want to take a moment to explain the reasons for the delay in determining which of the several interested parties was going to land the "Navy" .

The interest I've received in the SIG P226 Navy contract over-run has been a bit of a pleasant surprise... especially considering that when I sold its "twin" last year there wasn't quite as much interest and it took a bit longer to sell.

However, after posting this particular gun for sale in this ad I received a number of emails along with the posts in the ad. Some interested parties only sent emails, some only posted in the ad, and some did both... but one of the problems I ran into was that of those who emailed me, some were forum members who didn't include their forum screen names. I also received interest from at least one party who was not a forum member. Trying to sort out email time stamps, as well as who was a forum member and who was not, especially with delays between emails, well it became a bit problematic...

...AND to further complicate the matter, I have had to become a bit "wary" of those who email an interest in my items because I have had some recent problems with one or more miscreants who have been interfering with my ad. Some of you may remember this thread I think someone is trying to scam me in the classified

I can't state this with absolute certainty, but based on the fact that this ad is only posted on this forum and yet I occasionally receive emails from parties claiming to be interested but turn out NOT to be forum members they are obviously obtaining my profile contact info in some way. I suspect that there may be one or more forum members data mining for emails in member's profiles, either for their own use or transmitting it to others, both legitimate interested non-members as well as miscreants.

So, when i receive emails from some unknown sender wanting to buy an item from me, but didn't do me the courtesy of including their forum screen name, I try to do my due diligence and check them out to the extent that I can.

The first "I'll take it" that I received didn't include their forum screen name and so I requested it and, after a delay received it but didn't recognize it, I then requested their join date and a link to any recent thread they had posted in. While waiting on that info I sat in the pouring rain for two hours trying to find any evidence that they were a member. Ultimately I was able to determine that they were indeed a long time member that doesn't post often so we started the deal, but they then changed their mind and backed out.

The SF member directory, although a bit difficult to use, was a handy tool for checking out who was a member when we didn't recognize a member's screen name...but I do understand why it was eliminated.

In a separate, but related, issue, I've also noticed at least a few occurrences in which an item is for sale, someone on the internet wants the item and so they join the forum just to buy it, complete the transaction, then disappear without ever really participating.

On page one of this ad I had a similar problem in getting posters and emails confused and so I'm going to,once again, respectfully request that if you choose to contact me by email that you include your forum screen name.

In fact, I'd really like to suggest that no matter what the email pertains to, SIGForum Classifieds or any other section of the forum, that whenever you contact a forum member that you do them the courtesy of including your forum screen name.

[Edited: to expand some detail and clarify wording]

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Modern Day Savage,

posted Hide Post
This is why specifying the first "I'll take it" posted here works best.

There's nothing to sort out that way!

Posts: 1335 | Registered: October 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It does sound complicated, but GP229 is right. First posted "I'll take it" is unambiguous.

Posts: 1488 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dmilbauer
posted Hide Post
EM sent. bump

Posts: 85 | Location: North Texas | Registered: December 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did the sale of the K31 go through? If not, I'll take it.

Posts: 2 | Registered: January 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll take the Aimpoint COMP M4 M68 CCO + goose neck rail- $550 shipped, if still available. Thank you.

Posts: 71 | Location: Maine | Registered: December 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NavyEngineer:
I'll take the Aimpoint COMP M4 M68 CCO + goose neck rail- $550 shipped, if still available. Thank you.

The Aimpoint is yours! Email outbound to your profile contact. Smile

Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
Have the Nill grips been sold? I don't see a price unless I somehow missed it.

Thanks!

Posts: 1815 | Location: Ohio | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by swage:
Have the Nill grips been sold? I don't see a price unless I somehow missed it.

Thanks!

Swage, [MDS looks down sheepishly] you caught me in a brain fart moment. The Nills grips came on a P226 I bought and I had planned on selling them and so I spent time uploading the pics to a hosting site and then posting them in the ad...and it was only after I posted the pics here that I realized that the only set of grips I had left to put on the P226 were a set of Hogue rubber grips. My initial thought was to sell the SIG P226 package and Nills grips separately...but now my plan is to sell them together as part of a larger package. IF the buyer of the P226 package doesn't want them then I'll sell the Nills separately. [/MDS looks down sheepishly].

I've had some internet connectivity slow speed problems lately and it took me so long to upload the pics I didn't want to delete them...only to maybe have to re-upload them later. If I do end up selling the Nills separately I'll list them in the ad title and will be sure to include a price.

I apologize for the confusion.

Picture of redleg2/9
posted Hide Post
FN Browning Hi Power: Price?

“Leave the Artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot. . .”
– Napoleon Bonaparte

http://poundsstudio.com/

Posts: 2012 | Location: Louisiana - north of N.O. | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
posted Hide Post
redleg 2/9 thanks for your interest and I apologize for not including the price. I had maxed out the characters in my ad title and also have additional pictures that I was trying to (slowly) upload to my hosting site and so I was holding off on including a price until I could find space in the title and post the additional pics.

The FN BHP is $550 + actual shipping. Thanks again for your interest! Smile

Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
I sent you an email regarding the BHP.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 6054 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
MDS, The Aimpoint CCO arrived today, and exceeded my expectations. Thank you for packing it so carefully and shipping it so quickly! It was a true pleasure doing business with you! Best of luck with the sale of your remaining items.

Posts: 71 | Location: Maine | Registered: December 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
posted Hide Post
Navy Engineer, same from my side as well...thanks so much for the great communications and prompt payment!

I hope the CCO serves you well and thank you for your service to our country.