SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Classifieds Section    WTS: P228's, AK's, Knives, XDs ----------> Offers welcome!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WTS: P228's, AK's, Knives, XDs ----------> Offers welcome! Login/Join 
Picture of Dobbler
posted
Reasonable offers are welcome!

Greetings long time friends. It has been quite awhile since I've posted as life priorities changed and my collecting habits were put on hold. I'm looking to thin the herd and will be posting several collector items up for sale to fund some more... um, practical purchases.

As always, all state and local laws apply. Oregon buyers are welcome to a FTF transaction at a FFL (Oregon laws apply of course) and I'll knock off $50 if I don't have to ship.

For all out-of-staters, your FFL must be able to receive an overnight delivery from a private party (me!).

Payment by USPS Money Order.

The first two guns I am selling are P228's. I will post photos as soon as I can over the next day or two.

Sold Pending Funds The first P228 is an early 2000's (serial B 2xx xxx) with factory nickel accents. Here's what you'll want to know about it:

• Serial number B 2xx xxx
  • Exactly 212 rounds through it (I keep detailed records)
  • Factory nickel accents
  • Factory grips with nickel torx screws
  • Solid steel guide rod
  • Threaded SIG factory barrel with thread protector
  • Grayguns CRAAP package (short reset trigger, fully polished internals) - butter smooth action! (~$235 GGI)
  • Two (2) Mec-Gar 15-round 9mm magazines - nickel finish
  • Tru-glo fiber-optic night sight (front) and Siglite rear (both are faded but excellent sight picture for daytime use)
  • Factory SIG black box
  • Excellent shooter

The second P228 is a P228 Elite. Wha??? That doesn't exist. Ok, legally it's a P229 Elite 9mm frame with a P228 slide. I believe the perfect 9mm pistol setup. This is my favorite gun I've ever assembled or owned, but it has sat in the safe for too long. It's a bit lonely. Here's what you need to know about this baby:

• $1095 $995 shipped
  • Bill of Sale will read "SIG P229 Elite 9mm" due to frame/serial
  • Exactly 220 rounds through barrel
  • Never carried - light range action and a collector piece
  • Black P229 Elite frame with rail and beavertail
  • Hard chrome slide, barrel, accents, guide rod (solid), grip screws and all internal components - improves durability, action smoothness, and super easy to clean!
  • Hogue Grips
  • Grayguns full competition package (short reset trigger, fully polished internals) - butter smooth and light action for competition or range action ($345)
  • One (1) Mec-Gar 15 round 9mm magazine - hard chrome - NEW and unused
  • One (1) Mec-Gar 15-round 9mm magazine - nickel finish
  • Grayguns installed Dawson red fiber-optic front sight and blacked out rear sight. Awesome setup for quick target acquisition
  • Factory SIG blue box
  • Pure shooter! Grayguns action is perfect

Next up are two AK-47's chambered in 7.62x39.

The first is a all factory original parts Vepr AK-47. It has a heavy-duty RPK receiver and chrome-lined barrel. It has only 22 rounds through it! $1150 shipped

The second is an Egyption-made Maadi AK-47. As close to a Russian AK as you can get (Russians built the manufacturing facilities for these). The Maadi has black painted wood furniture up front, and a polymer/steel folding stock. (I will include the wood stock as well.) I added a new three-point sling. It has 232 rounds through it. $725 shipped

I will include THREE (3) brand new factory 30 round steel mags with each AK

Springfield Armory XDs 45ACP

Fresh back from SA for the grip safety recall. I never had issues with it, just have other choices for carry I prefer. Gun has 307 rounds through it with zero issues. Includes 2 flush-fit 5 round magazines, two extended 7 round magazines with sleeve, holster, dual mag carrier, original box. $475 shipped

Benchmade Knives

Benchmade Sequel 16707BT Blackwater Edition – New-in-Box. G10 handles, 3” Teflon black coated 154CM blade with AXIS lock. SOLD

Benchmade 615SBK Mini Rukus – New-in-Box. G10 Micarta handles, 3.4” serrated BK1 black coated S30V blade with AXIS lock. $135 shipped

Benchmade 275BK Adamas Limited Edition First Production 518 of 1000 – New-in-Box. Beefy G10 handles, 3.82” BK1 black coated D2 blade with AXIS lock. Includes MOLLE compatible black nylon sheath. $235 shipped

Benchmade 3350BK Mini-Infidel Automatic – New-in-Box. Out of production. 6061-T6 Aluminum black anodized handle. 3.1” BK1 black coated D2 blade. Includes MOLLE compatible black nylon sheath. $310 shipped OREGON residents only

Benchmade 707 Sequel – Excellent Condition with Box. Legendary 707 Sequel is out of production. I own 5 of them! Thin profile makes for an excellent front pocket EDC. Aluminum grip with G10 insert. 2.95" polished 154CM blade with AXIS lock. $125 shipped

Photo Coming

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dobbler,

Posts: 4150 | Location: Portland "130 square miles surrounded by reality" Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GrandPotter
posted Hide Post
If you want the "real" 229 Elite slide" to put on that gun, I have a 229SS Elite That I am looking to swap out the complete upper or slide only for a 228 slide.

My 229 SS Elite has the half-height serrations which I can no longer grasp and pull so I am looking to replace my upper with a full-height serrations from a new 229 or a 228.

If interested, please contact through my email in my member account information.

Female Steel Target Shooter.

I believe ALL women should Conceal Carry.

Posts: 4503 | Location: Where Dreams Come True, South Carolina | Registered: January 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dobbler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GrandPotter:
If you want the "real" 229 Elite slide" to put on that gun, I have a 229SS Elite That I am looking to swap out the complete upper or slide only for a 228 slide.

My 229 SS Elite has the half-height serrations which I can no longer grasp and pull so I am looking to replace my upper with a full-height serrations from a new 229 or a 228.

If interested, please contact through my email in my member account information.

Well, you could buy mine and then sell off a complete P229 yourself. Given my internals are all matching hard chrome, including the slide internals (you can clean it without any solvents!) I'm not interested in splitting it up.

Posts: 4150 | Location: Portland "130 square miles surrounded by reality" Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GrandPotter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dobbler:
quote:
Originally posted by GrandPotter:

Well, you could buy mine and then sell off a complete P229 yourself. Given my internals are all matching hard chrome, including the slide internals (you can clean it without any solvents!) I'm not interested in splitting it up.

Thank you for the offer but I am just looking to swap slides for a full height serrations.

Female Steel Target Shooter.

I believe ALL women should Conceal Carry.

Posts: 4503 | Location: Where Dreams Come True, South Carolina | Registered: January 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please confirm the threaded SIG factory barrel with thread protector is with 2nd 228/229 Elite. Maybe its my phone, but the barrel appears to be standard.

Posts: 65 | Location: Haymarket, VA | Registered: March 10, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
Dobbler!! Good to hear from you! Smile

Deal in confidence folks!

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 2918 | Location: Kansas | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GusMcCrae:
Please confirm the threaded SIG factory barrel with thread protector is with 2nd 228/229 Elite. Maybe its my phone, but the barrel appears to be standard.

The pics of the "Elite" indeed show a standard barrel, not a threaded one. It's not your phone. It's a listing error, from where I'm sitting. Wink

Posts: 16473 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dobbler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dzozer:
Dobbler!! Good to hear from you! Smile

Deal in confidence folks!

Dude! Thanks man. Good to hear from you.

Picture of Dobbler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by GusMcCrae:

The pics of the "Elite" indeed show a standard barrel, not a threaded one. It's not your phone. It's a listing error, from where I'm sitting. Wink

Good catch - my bad - cut-and-paste error. No threaded barrel with the Elite. But it is hard chrome external factory SIG barrel.

Picture of Dobbler
posted Hide Post
AK's and Benchmade knives added.

Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
What are the details on the maadi? From my understanding the AAC marked receivers is a parts gun. Only part made in Egypt is the receiver.

Posts: 6581 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dobbler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by walker77:
What are the details on the maadi? From my understanding the AAC marked receivers is a parts gun. Only part made in Egypt is the receiver.

I'm not an AK expert by any means. These are my only two AKs, and as you can see from the round count, I didn't use them much at all. Please e-mail me and let me know what to look for, or any photo requests.

Picture of Dobbler
posted Hide Post
Updated pricing.

Picture of Dobbler
posted Hide Post
Blackwater Edition Benchmade SOLD

Picture of Dobbler
posted Hide Post
Reasonable offers entertained.

posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Nice pistols Dobbler. I wish I could

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 32168 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does the SIG P228/P229 Elite? have a alloy or a stainless steel frame??

HK firearms Collector

Posts: 340 | Location: The Golden State | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dobbler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kobra:
Does the SIG P228/P229 Elite? have a alloy or a stainless steel frame??

Aluminum. It is not a 229ST Elite SS frame. It's a standard aluminum 229 Elite frame.

Picture of Amurr
posted Hide Post
If you have any interest in a Bradford guardian 6 I would be interested in trading for a Benchmade.

If not free bump and good luck sir!

Posts: 2435 | Location: On the shore of Lake Lanier | Registered: November 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dobbler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Amurr:
If you have any interest in a Bradford guardian 6 I would be interested in trading for a Benchmade.

If not free bump and good luck sir!

Not looking for trades right now - thanks for the bump!