SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Classifieds Section    withdrawn
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

withdrawn Login/Join 
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted
withdrawn

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 10-7 leo,

Posts: 1375 | Location: Central Va. | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What is a two step pistol?

Posts: 743 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Was your "two step" pistol a railed frame ?

There Isnt a "standard" locking insert. The railed and non railed 229 frames use different locking blocks. This is why SIG makes two different P 229 .22 conversion kits - one for railed frames and one for non-railed 229s and P228's.

I had the same issues when SIG first released the .22 kits and learned the hard way ;-)

Posts: 213 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HCM:
Was your "two step" pistol a railed frame ?

Wasn't they all railed ?

quote:
Originally posted by HCM:
There Isnt a "standard" locking insert. The railed and non railed 229 frames use different locking blocks. This is why SIG makes two different P 229 .22 conversion kits - one for railed frames and one for non-railed 229s and P228's.

I had the same issues when SIG first released the .22 kits and learned the hard way ;-)

The 40/357Sig pistols used a different locking insert then original 228/229 in 9MM.
Doesn't matter if the frame has a rail or not.

I believe there's only two different inserts for the 228/229 models.

Posts: 6696 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll take the conversion for the 229, w locking block and mags. Sending an email.

ETA - Conversion arrived - great and easy transaction.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: baker1425,

Craig

LIFE NRA + Charter ILEETA

Posts: 134 | Location: chattanooga | Registered: January 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post