SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Classifieds Section    WTS: P220 9mm, American mag release (PW Armory)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WTS: P220 9mm, American mag release (PW Armory) Login/Join 
posted
For sale is a P220 in 9mm with an American mag release. Gun is in excellent condition with slight surface wear, total round count is <200. The only serious wear is a scratch on the mag release plate that I caused when I switched the release from one side to the other (visible in photos).

This is one of a very small group of guns that were imported by PW Arms in the mid-90s. It bears a PW import stamp and a KF date code (1995).

Comes with original cardboard box with foam insert, original multi-language manual and two magazines. I replaced the grips with Hogue wraparounds and hex screws; original grips and screws are included.

Asking price is $1200 shipped to your FFL.

https://imgur.com/y7d2mA0

https://imgur.com/KKaOJkU

https://imgur.com/a/rqINDTE

Email fatman1683@yahoo.com

This message has been edited. Last edited by: fatman1683,

Posts: 9 | Registered: November 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Can you show pic of the other side of the gun, also? Thanks.

Posts: 16668 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Is it one of the 38 Super conversions? They are great shooting guns if so.

Posts: 4536 | Location: North GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Can you show pic of the other side of the gun, also? Thanks.

My wife took the good camera with her for the weekend, so this is the best I could do. Here you can see the PW rollmark.

https://imgur.com/a/rqINDTE

quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
Is it one of the 38 Super conversions? They are great shooting guns if so.

That's not clear, apparently there were some guns that were imported as .38 Supers and then converted in the US by another company, but those bear the stamp of the conversion company in addition to the PW Arms stamp. This gun appears to be one of a batch that was imported as 9mm originally. It's possible that Sig Sauer did the conversion before shipping, as the mags are marked '38 Super Auto / 9mm Para', but all the research I've done would indicate that this gun was always a 9mm, which makes it part of that one specific batch of imports.

And yes, it is a fantastic shooter. With the Hogue stocks on it, it's smooth as butter and very controllable. I used it to pass my CCW test, then switched to a 1911 for carry, so it went back in the safe. Brought it out a couple of times over the years and always loved it, but I don't shoot it enough to justify keeping it when there are other toys on the horizon.

Posts: 9 | Registered: November 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Looks good. I've been shopping for an extra 9mm P220 lately. Thinking that the converted 38s didn't have the serial on the 9mm barrel. The double stamped 38/9 mags would be from a conversion. They started off as 38 mags and the spacer was crimped in and the plate was stamped as 9mm Para. Later on the baseplates were left blank to streamline production. I don't think the conversion P220s would have any noticeable valuation difference. Some of them shipped with the .38 barrel that somehow found its way into the box for those lucky few who wound up with them. While these aren't particularly rare, the asking price is a good value for what is being offered.

My other Sig is a Steyr...

Posts: 3608 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post