SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Classifieds Section    WTS: One stainless frame P228. Buyer has choice of either LNIB (less expensive) or NIB (more expensive)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WTS: One stainless frame P228. Buyer has choice of either LNIB (less expensive) or NIB (more expensive) Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted
TERMS:
1- First "I'll take it/them" posted in this thread, with a follow-up confirmation email to me, trumps everything else. No exceptions.
2- Price posted for firearm is overnight shipped and fully insured price, from me to your FFL. For non-firearm, shipping is Priority directly to buyer.
3- Your FFL must accept firearm transfer from non-FFL (me). I will include a copy of my state DL for him/her. I will need a FFL copy from your dealer, or at least his FFL # to verify with ATF.
4- Payment method: personal check, certified check, or MO, or bank-to-bank transfer by Zelle. Whatever method you choose, payment must clear my bank first, before the item is shipped.
5- If you're local to me (H-town) and want a FTF deal for firearm, you must have a valid/current TXDL and a valid/current TX CHL/LTC. Out-of-state handgun license will not be accepted.
6- All federal, state, and local laws apply.

Story of the stainless frame P228 -

Most of you SIG aficionados, especially fans of the P228, know that the classic P228 has the aluminum alloy frame, and already know what this stainless frame P228 is all about. This is for those who are not familiar with it. The late Jaymie Smolens of the now defunct Afton Arms special ordered these guns from the Mastershop in Germany. The initial order was for 20 guns. They were sold out before the guns even arrived. This batch of 20 has the DOB in July 16th, 2012. Due to demand, he ordered 10 more. Sadly, he passed away of a sudden major illness on Christmas that year. His wife Lynn took over and fulfilled the rest of the order. The second batch of 10 has the DOB in March 20, 2013. Afton Arms ceased operations soon after. So, there are a total of 30 of these stainless frame P228s in the US that were ordered by Afton Arms. The number is also confirmed by a former manager at SIG DE, and our well connected forum member 220parts.

** A note on mags **: As mentioned in the factoids thread, the stainless frame P228 is the only P228 can take both the 229-1 mag and the original P228/P229(9) mags.

I have three of these, all complete, 2 are from the first order and the other one from the second order. Interestingly, the guns from the second order are lacking the test target. That was how they came from Germany. So, except for the lack of test target on the BD date code (2013) one, everything is the same for all three: gun, manual, two SIG Sauer branded Mec-Gar made 15-rd flush fit mags, chamber flag, grease, hang tag, lock, plastic case, and outer cardboard box. Buyer will also receive the old style SIG made aluminum checkered grips that are on the gun right now. The original stock plastic grips are also included. I'm selling only one, and the buyer has his pick of any one of the three. A few pics below, but I'm not going to post 150+ pics for all three guns this time, like I usually do with other sales. You have any particular views you want to see, ask, and I will provide them.

B 353372 - BC date code; 100 rounds fired. $2900.

B 353379 - BC date code; NIB/NOS. $4000.

B 353773 - BD date code; NIB/NOS. This one has no test target. $3900.

B 353372 - BC date code; 100 rounds fired. $2900.

B 353379 - BC date code; NIB/NOS. $4000.

B 353773 - BD date code; NIB/NOS. This one has no test target. $3900.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 12131,

Q

2016 MAGA ---> 2020 KAG
* P228 factoids *

Posts: 18200 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcs1564
posted Hide Post
Very nice Q! 372 is quite tempting.

------------
P220 - 9mm (JD, KF, KH); P226 (JP226); P226 MK 25; SP2022 - 9mm

Posts: 1107 | Location: CT | Registered: January 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First let me qualify my comment. I do not know the seller but know these builds.

I personally was fortunate to get one of the P228's as well as one of the P226's. Mine are NOT for sale and are WELL used. The guns are GREAT. I got the 228 for myself from Afton before Jayme's tragic passing and the 226 later from Lynn. Got them as retirement for myself after 21 years as LEO.

These are very, very, scarce builds and very limited or one of a kind. Whether you consider for use (as mine are) or collection the guns great.

So glad I got them when I did. Both have and continue to serve my well. Got a factory threaded barrel for each and swap out on occasion for fun. Both guns run extremely well on the hottest 9mm you can find. Very stable due to the additional weight of the stainless frame. Triple serial number, no rail, and no tail.

Be safe and keep the brass flying

Terry Peters

Do your research but you get what you pay for front end or back end.

Posts: 85 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm sure thankful that I got my two already 'cause these are super nice. BTT for a gentleman who sold me at a super fair price two of his P228 babies. They found a loving home.

"Ultima Ratio Regum"
Life Member NRA
Member Washington Arms Collectors
The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with.'

Posts: 757 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good luck with the sale, Q!

Posts: 214 | Registered: April 14, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post