SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Classifieds Section    WTS P229 stainless/nickel 229-40-sn
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WTS P229 stainless/nickel 229-40-sn Login/Join 
posted
I am selling my Sig P229 in full satin nickel 229-40-sn.
It is interesting in a few ways.
Someone apparently sent them out for a full satin nickel treatment, including frame, controls, extractor, barrel, and guide rod and used a standard stainless slide. Maybe it was done by the factory, maybe by someone later on, ether way, it's in beautiful shape.
I've also never seen one of these with an AL prefix serial number with a Sig logo on the frame. Like all the others in satin nickel it has a serial number beginning with the prefix "AL" but then no other markings on the frame.
Comes with a Sig box, but not the original.
I've never fired it, but upon disassembly it appears that it has some very light use.

comes with 2 mags, 10 or 12rd, your choice.

Asking $1300 + shipping

FYI, If you have a satin nickel with an AL prefix, I would LOVE to know if you were the original owner and when you purchased it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: evlgreg,

If guns cause crime, mine must all be defective...

Posts: 525 | Location: Denver, Colorado | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the same gun LNIB serial #AL 12544 all original case and papers. When I investigated Sig informed me this was a special addition Gun of The Month June 2004 total production 708.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sutherm,

Posts: 185 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I too have one NIB. Came from factory that way. Too pretty too shoot.

Posts: 254 | Location: Outdoors in Virginia | Registered: March 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sutherm:
I have the same gun LNIB serial #AL 12544 all original case and papers. When I investigated Sig informed me this was a special addition Gun of The Month June 2004 total production 708.

There seems to be some confusion about this gun and the serial number range. I found 5 similar guns with the AL prefix, but nobody has shown a box with the manufacture date or GOTM designation on the box. I started the listing as the GOTM because that was my understanding too, but changed it to a P229-40-SN after I found one other like it with that designation on the box. Unfortunately I don't have the original box. If someone has one, I would love to see it. I think it might be possible that Sig sent out a batch of 700-ish frames to be done in satin nickel and by the time they decided what to do with them, they had passed the AL prefix in the production order. OR they made the frames well before 2004, but sold the guns complete in 2004. Either way, it's a nice gun.

Posts: 525 | Location: Denver, Colorado | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Country_Shooter:
I too have one NIB. Came from factory that way. Too pretty too shoot.

Do you happen to have a photo of the box? does it have a date on it?

posted Hide Post
I will send pics tomorrow of my gun, box and paper showing SIG GOTM production for 2004

Posts: 185 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post