SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Classifieds Section    WTB: Wilson 1911 mags, .40/.357sig
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WTB: Wilson 1911 mags, .40/.357sig Login/Join 
Picture of kaw_biker
posted
I need a couple decent mags for my 357 Nightmare.

Posts: 407 | Location: STL Metro East | Registered: November 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Free advice... I think my mecgar mags are better built than the Wilsons that were included with my Nightmare. The wilson feed lips/bodies flex when loaded past 6 rounds. Like the metal is too thin. Seems like could cause unnecessary issues, but I haven't had it to the range yet. Anyway, you may want to broaden your search parameters.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2042 | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kaw_biker
posted Hide Post
I appreciate the advice. I'm pretty sure the mags that came with mine are not Wilson, and I'm not particularly crazy about them. I'm open to trying other brands. Thanks.

Posts: 407 | Location: STL Metro East | Registered: November 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
FWIW, wilson only makes one model of 40 cal mag, but I have been running .45 ETM's in my 40 1911 since I got it with no issues what so ever. I do occasionally squeeze the feedlips on the Wilsons (both ETM and 47d) if they show any signs of not dropping free. Seems to be an issue after repeatedly letting partially loaded mags hit a hard surface.

Tripp makes some quality 40/10mm mags.

I might be able to put my hands on some STI 40 mags for you by the end of the week, if you would have interest in those. They have a spacer in the back for factory 40, I load my 40 too long to work with them... so they are of no use to me.

Posts: 5104 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kaw_biker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tha1000:
I have been running .45 ETM's in my 40 1911 since I got it with no issues what so ever.

Good to know. I have half a dozen or so .45 ETMs – I'll have to give them a shot.

quote:
I might be able to put my hands on some STI 40 mags for you by the end of the week, if you would have interest in those. They have a spacer in the back for factory 40, I load my 40 too long to work with them... so they are of no use to me.

Sure, my email is in my profile. Thanks!

Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
I do load longer than factory, so ymmv. It can’t hurt to try though. I’ll email you when I figure out how many STI mags I have left. It is something between 1 & 3.

Posts: 5104 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
Just to update, I found one and it is rough condition. I will probably try to rip the spacer out of it and make it a dry fire mag. Sorry I couldn't come through for you.

Picture of kaw_biker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tha1000:
Just to update, I found one and it is rough condition. I will probably try to rip the spacer out of it and make it a dry fire mag. Sorry I couldn't come through for you.

Thanks for the update and thanks for trying.