SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Classifieds Section    Shooboy Hammers
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shooboy Hammers Login/Join 
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
I've got a treasured vintage shooboy that has the black oxide finish.....it's like a magic amulet of some kind, as often I can just put it on my bench and difficult projects seem to just mellow out without having even to tap them a little...

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"Nothing like a Battleship appearing in the horizon to spur diplomacy"
COTEP # 362

Posts: 7858 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shooboy, please don't take this the wrong way.

Your products are top shelf made with quality materials, by a highly skilled craftsman.

That said, I feel members just want quality from start to finish (including the finish).

I think that most members posting here would pay a little more for a top quality finish. And there's many which would like to help with the process. Whether it be ordering 2 instead of one, helping to pay the cost of the finish, etc.

I'm sure no matter what you decide to do, the product will be better than its competition.

Posts: 7549 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
I will take one also those are nice.

Posts: 4505 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
Randy, I'd be another to help get the Oxide finish. I think you should consider it, I don't think anyone of us will complain about a few bucks more.

Win

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 2382 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unlike most of the world I interact with- There's good people here.

I'd like to meet you and the other members here. I'd love to buy you and the rest a beer but since I can't one of your hammers will have to do.

I'm going to use it to rebuild a Crossman pellet gun I got 40 years ago for Christmas. I don't need it but would like to have it to do this special job.

Thanks for all the humanity Mitch

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 11106 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Add my name to the list as well.

____

I'm a bad shot and no matter how nice the gun...I'm still a bad shot.

Posts: 564 | Location: So Cal | Registered: September 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll take one.

nolawis@gmail.com

Posts: 247 | Location: New Orleans, LA | Registered: October 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
I'm in for one, if there are any left...

Posts: 1910 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
I'd like to buy one to give to my brother.

And a set of heads for mine.

Doesn't matter how long the wait is, as long as you're making them you'll have a line of customers.

Posts: 5502 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shooboy:
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:
quote:
Originally posted by shooboy:
As I mentioned, black oxide was previously done at $75 for up to 75 pounds of weight. I cannot afford to do that for small runs, so the hammers will have to be painted instead.

Randy, my hammer (perhaps an early model) does not have any black oxide finish, just plain metal (pic below). Personally, I would prefer one like that as opposed to one that is painted, and that would certainly make your production easier, no?

Wow, that is a very early one ! I'm going to paint them to avoid the chance of rusting. I will be searching around though possibly in the future to see about other finishing ideas....

Have you consider powder coating? I have a friend that powder coats a lot of small items he makes. He says it is easy and inexpensive to do at home.

I have no idea if the finish would meet your needs or standards.

I would also second Exam_man's post above, cost is not a factor in wanting one of your hammers.

“Banning guns is like banning forks in an attempt to stop making people fat.” - Vince Vaughn

Posts: 2693 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I have no use for a hammer like this but from the comments I'm reading, it makes me think I need one...

Edmond

Posts: 9407 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
I have no use for a hammer like this but from the comments I'm reading, it makes me think I need one...

You have a use for it you just do not know it yet. I just used mine last night to remove some pins from my AR. I've used it to build AR's, replace trigger groups and for general work on my firearms.

Posts: 2381 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
I need some spare tips for mine, let me know when you have some.

Posts: 2381 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have read about these hammers on here for years and heard nothing but good things.

I would like to get one if any are left or in one the next batch.

Thank you,

Verne

Posts: 44 | Location: Middle Tenn | Registered: November 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The loudest one in the room is the weakest one in the room
Picture of Rigby470
posted Hide Post
I've been wanting one of these for a long time. Add me to the list if there are any available!

========================

NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Home Firearm Safety Instructor
NRA Range Officer
NRA Life Member

Arkansas Concealed Carry Instructor #13-943

Posts: 889 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Would like to put my name on the list also. I have a midnite stealth and want to get one for my son.

Posts: 652 | Location: Moved to N.W. MT. | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How did I miss this? I will have to get on the list. I need one.

------------
nitehawk

Posts: 46 | Location: W Central IN | Registered: June 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live for today.
Tomorrow will
cost more
Picture of motor59
posted Hide Post
Put me on the list for a small and a large, please.
I will patiently wait my turn...

There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who, when presented with a glass that is exactly half full, say: this glass is half full. And then there are those who say: this glass is half empty. The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!

Posts: 2368 | Location: New Jersey - Exit 7 | Registered: March 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kartracer:
I’d put my name in line as well and would take whatever finish you have at the time.

Posts: 36 | Registered: February 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi guys, sorry for additional delays, my real job is taking up much of my time. Hammers are done except for surface finish. Working on endcaps and tips. Hopefully can start filling orders soon. Thank you all for your patience, Shoo

Posts: 678 | Location: New York | Registered: April 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post