SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Classifieds Section    Shooboy Hammers
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 20
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shooboy Hammers Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Thank you all so very much, I'm overwhelmed with the kind thoughts and messages. I'm going to do my best to see if I can get going again once the weather gets colder up here in frozen New York. I'll post here if that happens.....Randy aka Shoo

Posts: 702 | Location: New York | Registered: April 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shooboy:
Hi guys, I'm still around. Not making hammers at this time. I just haven't had the drive or chance since my wife passed on my birthday in 2016. I might resume at some point but not sure..... Shoo

I love mine, but I'm sorry for your loss.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 22394 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

It appears you have a waiting list of customers, should you decide to start up again. My very sincere condolences for your tragic loss. I love my shooboy hammer. I bought the extra plastic ends, and have used it extensively. It is a great feeling hammer to hold for gunsmith work.

Posts: 8443 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi guys, I've had a little inspiration and I have 18 hammers on the bench in production..... should be done in a few weeks.....Shoo

Posts: 702 | Location: New York | Registered: April 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hi guys, I've had a little inspiration and I have 18 hammers on the bench in production..... should be done in a few weeks.....Shoo

Put me first in line!

Posts: 7222 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
quote:

Glad you're at it again. I'll email you about acquiring one.

Posts: 1723 | Location: Ohio | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kent j
posted Hide Post
Hello Shoo, I am extremely saddened by your loss. Godspeed and God bless. I'm ready for a couple of hammers if you are so inclined.

Regards, Kent j

You can learn something from everyone you meet, If nothing else you can learn you don't want to be like them
It's only racist to those who want it to be.
It's a magazine, clips are for potato chips and hair

Posts: 228 | Location: Southern Indiana | Registered: December 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am also very sorry for you loss. I sent you an email regarding interest in one of your hammers.

Posts: 398 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you gentlemen. I'll be back here to take orders first. I'll be in touch when they are ready. These 18 will be painted by the way, I can't do black oxide due to the cost of such a small lot. Still the same quality hammer, just a slightly different finish.... Shoo

posted Hide Post
Happy to see the update.

Curious, how many would it take to get the oxide treatment?

Posts: 7589 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am so sorry for your loss, and wish strength for you.
I'm glad you're now feeling up to making your hammers again, and would like to get in line for one of them.

-------------------
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered his last round.

Posts: 782 | Location: North Texas | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
Happy to see the update.

Yes.
I already have one, but if you need a certain number, put me down for another one and I will gladly be last in line to receive.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" I could explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Posts: 38568 | Location: fl | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am open for one. Thanks, Jack

Posts: 86 | Registered: June 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’d be in for a couple if that helps the numbers.

Posts: 532 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: September 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd be in for one also.

Posts: 1755 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sauer Kraut
posted Hide Post
First off, as others have said, please accept late condolences for your loss.

The hammer that I got from you years ago never leaves the top of my workbench. It sits right beside my Chapman Manufacturing screwdriver/bit set. I use it practically everyday.

Would love to purchase a few more to give to my cousins so they will quit trying to steal mine Big Grin

Put me down for at least one, I really want 2 if that is not being greedy.

Thank you!

Posts: 539 | Location: Carolina  | Registered: December 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
Happy to see the update.

Yes.
I already have one, but if you need a certain number, put me down for another one and I will gladly be last in line to receive.

This was my thinking... I'm sure the 18 will be gone soon. I'd buy another one or two.

Posts: 7589 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear of your loss,time does help and activities help so I am told.
hope you recover sooner than I,twenty years last September.

Posts: 21680 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry for your loss, sir. Regarding the hammers, I'll take one please! Two, if they're available. Email inbound.

Posts: 927 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
Shooboy, I am so very sorry to learn about the loss of your wife. I hope that in time you will find some sense of solace and be able to smile when you think of her instead of the loss you must feel now.

Over the years I've read some of the stellar comments made by forum members on the quality of your hammers. I don't own any at this time, but have a keen interest in at least two (both smaller and larger) should you decide to produce the different sizes. I would also like to get them with the different striking surface materials (delrin, brass...) if you choose to offer them. I've been making do with my Craftsman mallet and Wheeler hammer, but I'd like to tackle a few gunsmith projects with hammers better suited to the task and it sounds like you make just the hammers I need.

Again, my deepest sincere condolences and looking forward to the possibility of buying some of your fine hammers...

...would you like those of us interested to contact you directly through email or would you prefer that we interact through this forum thread?

Posts: 4149 | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post