SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Classifieds Section    WTB Reloading Items - list updated
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WTB Reloading Items - list updated Login/Join 
Picture of SR
posted
I'm trying to help out 3 friends that have a hunting property in eastern NC. The property was flooded last fall (approx 5' of water in the house). Originally I understood that all that was destroyed was a reloading press and dies. Last night I learned that they lost more reloading equipment than originally mentioned. I'm hoping to find good used items to help them replace what was lost. Specific items they need:

> Balance beam scale - (RCBS, Hornady, Dillion, Ohaus)
> Hand primer
> Powder Tickler
> Powder mill
> 300 Win Mag dies
> set of check weights
> caliper
> Lee powder dippers (measuring kit)

I've already obtained Lee single stage press and 30/06 dies.

Thanks in advance for any help or leads on ways to locate these items.

BTW, these guys are slowly rebuilding the property. None of them have a lot of disposable income. The property is miles from any water and has never had flooding issues so they didn't have flood insurance. I've never heard them complain about their loss, all they say is something like 'this is a second property for us and everyone that leaves nearby lost everything they had.' It's so refreshing to be around people that do not complain about what they lost.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SR,

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4312 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What kind of cartridges do they reload? Handgun or rifle?

Posts: 2768 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 357fuzz:
What kind of cartridges do they reload? Handgun or rifle?

This will primarily be used for rifle.

They had a really nice rock chucker destroyed. I think they can get by with just about anything - RCBS Jr. or similar would work. And, anything is better than what they have now.

If anyone has dies that need a good home I think they mostly shoot 30-06 and 300 Win Mag

Posts: 4312 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok. I was checking because I have a Pro1000 I would give them. I cannot get the shellplate to line up to save my life. If they have any inkling to tinker with it I would mail it to them.

Posts: 2768 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Lee single stage that I was gonna use for 9mm, but having 2 kids got in the way. Got all the way to depriming and priming about 100 rounds. Any interest?

Posts: 93 | Registered: April 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of heiner71
posted Hide Post
I have a Lee press I no longer use. If you pay me $10 to cover a portion of the shipping, you can have it. Send me an email if you want it...

Posts: 456 | Location: Northern CA, USA | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
WOW, I'm humbled by the response. In addition to the replies above, I received an email with an offer for a set of 30-06 dies.

Thank-you 357fuzz, funnymech and heiner71 for the offers.

Heiner71 I'll send you an email.

Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
list updated for new info.

posted Hide Post
I've got a set of Redding .300 Win Mag dies, with shellholder, in excellent condition, for $50, shipped.

Posts: 389 | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post