SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Classifieds Section    Looking to buy semi-auto shotgun
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking to buy semi-auto shotgun Login/Join 
Picture of Rustpot
posted
Starting to hunt for possibly a pair of shotguns. I figured I'd check to see what the forum might have. Looking for something older, maybe with some miles to keep the cost down, but still has life left.

Gun #1 - Competitive shooting. Steel and 3-Gun style. 12gauge. Ideally a Benelli M1/M2, or a Mossberg 930 that's got a few mods to lend itself to the sport.

Gun #2 - 20 gauge clays gun. I like 20 for clays, light gun with a 100+ shells and no regret in the morning. Would LOVE a Montefeltro 20. Unfortunately this one has the lower budget of the two.

I'd really like to stay under $1250 for both. $750 and $500, or so. Bonus points for local (no shipping/transfer fees) or same person (one shipment, one trip).

Posts: 5399 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beretta 1301 Tactical, new in box?
I also have an excellent condition Weatherby SA-08 Deluxe 20g

Posts: 6693 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
My Beretta A300 outlander is a fantastic gun for the money. Though I won mine, they go for around $800 I believe and I'd have bought one if not for winning it. It's fast and not punishing. Seems accurate and is smooth IMHO. I can't remember if it's 3 or 4 capacity.

Posts: 3541 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Argh!
I just traded a 930 yesterda @ the LGS!!
Ghost ring sights, extended magazine, etc.
that’s what I get for being in a hurry.
Good luck in your search.

Posts: 5034 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 45_Auto
posted Hide Post
Interested in a Beretta A303, 12GA, 28"bbl, full ventilated rib, 3 removable chokes, in mint condition? I probably shot less than 25 rounds through this, I don't use it, it's taking up space in the safe. Have the original box and paperwork. If you are interested please E-mail me, my E-mail is in my profile.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
A Veteran is someone who wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'Up to and including their life'.
That is Honor. Unfortunately there are way too many people in this Country who no longer understand that.

Posts: 2068 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: November 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WARPIG602:
Beretta 1301 Tactical, new in box?
I also have an excellent condition Weatherby SA-08 Deluxe 20g

I'm not looking for ghost ring sights, actually. I have an 11-87 police with ghost rings. Aside from the spotty function with target loads, and the loading gate, I've found I really don't like ghost rings for sporting use. From using other('s) guns I like a bead on a rib, or a big fiberoptic with a rear reference for slightly accurate sights. And I'd consider barrel sights (haven't used them).

If it was the Comp and not the Tactical, it'd be a horse of a different color.

The Weatherby, though, I'll send an email on momentarily.

quote:
Originally posted by LincolnSixEcho:
My Beretta A300 outlander is a fantastic gun for the money. Though I won mine, they go for around $800 I believe and I'd have bought one if not for winning it. It's fast and not punishing. Seems accurate and is smooth IMHO. I can't remember if it's 3 or 4 capacity.

There are several shotguns off the rack that would suit me and are within budget, including the Mossberg I mentioned. I'd like to check what used guns members have.

quote:
Originally posted by 45_Auto:
Interested in a Beretta A303, 12GA, 28"bbl, full ventilated rib, 3 removable chokes, in mint condition? I probably shot less than 25 rounds through this, I don't use it, it's taking up space in the safe. Have the original box and paperwork. If you are interested please E-mail me, my E-mail is in my profile.

I appreciate the offer. I did a quick search and it doesn't look like aftermarket support, specifically mag extensions, exist. If it was a 20ga you'd have an offer, but I'd like a 12 that can at least hold 7+1, or easily be made to.

Posts: 5399 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Girsan MC312, which is a Turkish copy of the Benelli inertia action, that is a bit too long for me (I am 5’7” so this would be perfect if you are a bit taller or have longer arms). I’ve put about two boxes of Rio through it. The MC312 will hold seven without modifications, will take some Nordic mag tunes to extend that a bit more, and is favorably reviewed. I don’t know what shipping costs would be, but I’d like to try to get $300 plus shipping and would be happy to take some pictures for you. It has an LPA fiber optic and is 28” long, plus it has a nice ABS molded plastic case.

Posts: 884 | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Legal Beagle:
I have a Girsan MC312, which is a Turkish copy of the Benelli inertia action, that is a bit too long for me (I am 5’7” so this would be perfect if you are a bit taller or have longer arms). I’ve put about two boxes of Rio through it. The MC312 will hold seven without modifications, will take some Nordic mag tunes to extend that a bit more, and is favorably reviewed. I don’t know what shipping costs would be, but I’d like to try to get $300 plus shipping and would be happy to take some pictures for you. It has an LPA fiber optic and is 28” long, plus it has a nice ABS molded plastic case.

Email sent.

posted Hide Post
Rustpot > I can't remember if I replied so apologies if I emailed you twice. Sent pics, please feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Posts: 884 | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post