SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Classifieds Section    Want to buy: Ruger Deerfield 44 mag carbine
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Want to buy: Ruger Deerfield 44 mag carbine Login/Join 
posted
I've got room in my safe for one last carbine-length rifle and after much research I'm interested in picking up, if possible, a "newer" Deerfield with the rotary 4-round magazine and M-1 carbine-like bolt/action. Very good or better condition, not interested in the older Deerstalker variant with loading tube.

If anyone has one, or knows where I can get one (besides GB), please respond here or email (its in my profile). Let's talk. Thanks!

Posts: 2999 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bump I guess.

Posts: 2999 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll try a daily bump.

Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Best of luck on your search; these are difficult to locate under the best of circumstances. I love mine- it is a little heavy but very robust.

“We have put together, I think, the most extensive and and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics.”- Joe Biden

Posts: 12178 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good choice. I would love to see a re-introduction. Or even a .357 magnum version.

Ignem Feram

Posts: 390 | Registered: October 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I've thought about getting one for a while and doing some upgrades. But...I wish I had done so already. The GB prices have shot up of late past what I consider is reasonable. So, I'm checking on the firearm-related forums I'm on to see if I can find an owner willing to part with theirs.

I can either be patient or pay a few hundred more than what I think is right...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Batty67,

posted Hide Post
No help for you but an FYI: My LGS had one a few months ago that appeared to me unfired. It was priced for $1200, IIRC. It did not last long. I nearly jumped but the thought of feeding a .44M semi auto put me off it.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 11086 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
No help for you but an FYI: My LGS had one a few months ago that appeared to me unfired. It was priced for $1200, IIRC. It did not last long. I nearly jumped but the thought of feeding a .44M semi auto put me off it.

That would be tempting. Yes, I know I do not *need* it, but I wants it. I can probably score one in VA as I go to plenty of gunshows, but that might take a year or more. I can always pay through the nose on GB.

posted Hide Post
Found one. Excellent condition with upgraded peep and front post sight. Sending money today, should have it late this week or early next week. Has to travel from Kansas. Pix when I get it.

Not quite an epic journey, but a prolonged and costly one...

posted Hide Post
Congrats on your new pew pew. I have the Deerfield and the 96 (lever action). You will NOT regret it. They kick like a horse yet, worth it.

Posts: 305 | Registered: February 14, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
I’ve always wanted one. Never found one.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7284 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad you found one my friend. You wont be disappointed.
Darrel

Posts: 42 | Location: Northern MN | Registered: March 08, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don’t forget to get on the list for the next batch of 10rd magazines.

Posts: 56 | Registered: December 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Karpteach:
Congrats on your new pew pew. I have the Deerfield and the 96 (lever action). You will NOT regret it. They kick like a horse yet, worth it.

Thanks, the one I'm getting also has the after-market extended pad ("pussy pad" as my brother calls them) installed, making it an even better purchase.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ctw3:

I added my name to the email list. Probably get 2.

Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
quote:

Where is this list??

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer

Posts: 7284 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
quote:

Where is this list??

You can "sign-up" to be notified on this website:https://www.iqmunitions.com/product/ruger-44-magnum-10-round-magazine/

Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batty67:
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
quote:

Where is this list??

You can "sign-up" to be notified on this website:https://www.iqmunitions.com/product/ruger-44-magnum-10-round-magazine/

Thanks. Not factory I assume. They actually work?

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer

posted Hide Post
I have no eyewitness accounts as to whether they work, They might be finicky, and expensive as hell, but sign m up. 10 rounds of 44 magnum. Their process to make one looks seriously time intensive, and they are the only game in town....so there is that.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batty67:
I have no eyewitness accounts as to whether they work, They might be finicky, and expensive as hell, but sign m up. 10 rounds of 44 magnum. Their process to make one looks seriously time intensive, and they are the only game in town....so there is that.

I’m with you. I’m also on the list. I’m hoping I could use it on the Deerfield and the 96/44 the lever action.

Posts: 305 | Registered: February 14, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post