SIGforum
Want to buy: Ruger Deerfield 44 mag carbine

This topic can be found at:
http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/350601935/m/5820095574

October 15, 2020, 06:44 AM
Batty67
Want to buy: Ruger Deerfield 44 mag carbine
I've got room in my safe for one last carbine-length rifle and after much research I'm interested in picking up, if possible, a "newer" Deerfield with the rotary 4-round magazine and M-1 carbine-like bolt/action. Very good or better condition, not interested in the older Deerstalker variant with loading tube.

If anyone has one, or knows where I can get one (besides GB), please respond here or email (its in my profile). Let's talk. Thanks!
October 15, 2020, 06:03 PM
Batty67
Bump I guess.
October 16, 2020, 09:07 PM
Batty67
I'll try a daily bump.
October 16, 2020, 09:56 PM
gearhounds
Best of luck on your search; these are difficult to locate under the best of circumstances. I love mine- it is a little heavy but very robust.

“We have put together, I think, the most extensive and and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics.”- Joe Biden
October 16, 2020, 10:04 PM
mlazarus
Good choice. I would love to see a re-introduction. Or even a .357 magnum version.

Ignem Feram
October 17, 2020, 07:12 AM
Batty67
Thanks. I've thought about getting one for a while and doing some upgrades. But...I wish I had done so already. The GB prices have shot up of late past what I consider is reasonable. So, I'm checking on the firearm-related forums I'm on to see if I can find an owner willing to part with theirs.

I can either be patient or pay a few hundred more than what I think is right...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Batty67,
October 19, 2020, 02:42 AM
YooperSigs
No help for you but an FYI: My LGS had one a few months ago that appeared to me unfired. It was priced for $1200, IIRC. It did not last long. I nearly jumped but the thought of feeding a .44M semi auto put me off it.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles
October 19, 2020, 07:29 AM
Batty67
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
No help for you but an FYI: My LGS had one a few months ago that appeared to me unfired. It was priced for $1200, IIRC. It did not last long. I nearly jumped but the thought of feeding a .44M semi auto put me off it.

That would be tempting. Yes, I know I do not *need* it, but I wants it. I can probably score one in VA as I go to plenty of gunshows, but that might take a year or more. I can always pay through the nose on GB.
October 26, 2020, 08:28 AM
Batty67
Found one. Excellent condition with upgraded peep and front post sight. Sending money today, should have it late this week or early next week. Has to travel from Kansas. Pix when I get it.

Not quite an epic journey, but a prolonged and costly one...
October 26, 2020, 05:39 PM
Karpteach
Congrats on your new pew pew. I have the Deerfield and the 96 (lever action). You will NOT regret it. They kick like a horse yet, worth it.
October 27, 2020, 12:07 AM
ruger357
I’ve always wanted one. Never found one.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor
October 27, 2020, 07:52 AM
mauserfan
Glad you found one my friend. You wont be disappointed.
Darrel
October 27, 2020, 08:09 AM
ctw3
Don’t forget to get on the list for the next batch of 10rd magazines.
October 27, 2020, 08:17 AM
Batty67
quote:
Originally posted by Karpteach:
Congrats on your new pew pew. I have the Deerfield and the 96 (lever action). You will NOT regret it. They kick like a horse yet, worth it.

Thanks, the one I'm getting also has the after-market extended pad ("pussy pad" as my brother calls them) installed, making it an even better purchase.
October 27, 2020, 08:18 AM
Batty67
quote:
Originally posted by ctw3:

I added my name to the email list. Probably get 2.
October 27, 2020, 09:33 AM
ruger357
quote:

Where is this list??

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
October 27, 2020, 10:12 AM
Batty67
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
quote:

Where is this list??

You can "sign-up" to be notified on this website:https://www.iqmunitions.com/product/ruger-44-magnum-10-round-magazine/
October 28, 2020, 02:47 PM
ruger357
quote:
Originally posted by Batty67:
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
quote:

Where is this list??

You can "sign-up" to be notified on this website:https://www.iqmunitions.com/product/ruger-44-magnum-10-round-magazine/

Thanks. Not factory I assume. They actually work?

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
October 28, 2020, 05:21 PM
Batty67
I have no eyewitness accounts as to whether they work, They might be finicky, and expensive as hell, but sign m up. 10 rounds of 44 magnum. Their process to make one looks seriously time intensive, and they are the only game in town....so there is that.
October 29, 2020, 09:19 AM
Karpteach
quote:
Originally posted by Batty67:
I have no eyewitness accounts as to whether they work, They might be finicky, and expensive as hell, but sign m up. 10 rounds of 44 magnum. Their process to make one looks seriously time intensive, and they are the only game in town....so there is that.

I’m with you. I’m also on the list. I’m hoping I could use it on the Deerfield and the 96/44 the lever action.