SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Classifieds Section    Want to buy: Ruger Deerfield 44 mag carbine
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Want to buy: Ruger Deerfield 44 mag carbine Login/Join 
posted
I've got room in my safe for one last carbine-length rifle and after much research I'm interested in picking up, if possible, a "newer" Deerfield with the rotary 4-round magazine and M-1 carbine-like bolt/action. Very good or better condition, not interested in the older Deerstalker variant with loading tube.

If anyone has one, or knows where I can get one (besides GB), please respond here or email (its in my profile). Let's talk. Thanks!

Posts: 2980 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bump I guess.

Posts: 2980 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll try a daily bump.

Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Best of luck on your search; these are difficult to locate under the best of circumstances. I love mine- it is a little heavy but very robust.

"Live every day as if it's going to be your last, and one day, you'll be right.”
Malachy McCourt

Posts: 12099 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good choice. I would love to see a re-introduction. Or even a .357 magnum version.

Ignem Feram

Posts: 379 | Registered: October 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I've thought about getting one for a while and doing some upgrades. But...I wish I had done so already. The GB prices have shot up of late past what I consider is reasonable. So, I'm checking on the firearm-related forums I'm on to see if I can find an owner willing to part with theirs.

I can either be patient or pay a few hundred more than what I think is right...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Batty67,

posted Hide Post
No help for you but an FYI: My LGS had one a few months ago that appeared to me unfired. It was priced for $1200, IIRC. It did not last long. I nearly jumped but the thought of feeding a .44M semi auto put me off it.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 10963 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
No help for you but an FYI: My LGS had one a few months ago that appeared to me unfired. It was priced for $1200, IIRC. It did not last long. I nearly jumped but the thought of feeding a .44M semi auto put me off it.

That would be tempting. Yes, I know I do not *need* it, but I wants it. I can probably score one in VA as I go to plenty of gunshows, but that might take a year or more. I can always pay through the nose on GB.