New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sold Login/Join 
posted
Deleted

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dwhite001,

Posts: 63 | Location: Athens, Ohio | Registered: December 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can you email pics to warpig602@gmail.com

Posts: 6574 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dwhite001:
Sig P228 two tone, manufacture date is 1997. Assembled in the US with German parts. triple serial numbered stock sights, 2 zipperback mags and original box. $800 shipped. Will consider trades of Other Sigs, HK or maybe Kimber. Make offers Thanks! Pics can be emailed or sent by text.

Can you tell me why you think this 1997 P228 was assembled in the US? I highly doubt it was, but maybe I will learn something new today. Thanks.

Oh, yes, pics please. Thank you.

Posts: 13395 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the DL
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Has this been fired? Or is it, as new?

A mind is a terrible thing.

Posts: 15996 | Location: Central Florida (near Orlando) | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Sig P228 two tone, manufacture date is 1997. Assembled in the US with German parts. triple serial numbered stock sights, 2 zipperback mags and original box. $800 shipped. Will consider trades of Other Sigs, HK or maybe Kimber. Make offers Thanks! Pics can be emailed or sent by text.

Can you tell me why you think this 1997 P228 was assembled in the US? I highly doubt it was, but maybe I will learn something new today. Thanks.

Oh, yes, pics please. Thank iyou.

It has Exeter stamps on it and German headstamps as well. I called into Sig, and the person there that I usually talk to, gave me that explanation.

Posts: 63 | Location: Athens, Ohio | Registered: December 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Has this been fired? Or is it, as new?

Yes, it had been fired. I have put 26 rounds through it myself, I can't speak for the previous owner.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:

Oh, yes, pics please. Thank iyou.

It has Exeter stamps on it and German headstamps as well. I called into Sig, and the person there that I usually talk to, gave me that explanation.

I wouldn't count on SIG CS to give you reliable info, especially when dealing with early classic SIGs. You said your 1997 P228 has triple #s. I can almost guarantee that it has the German proof marks on frame, slide, and barrel. Plus, the 2-letter date code "KH" on the chin of the slide. It was assembled and proofed in Germany.

Exeter rollmark just means that it was imported to the US by SIG USA.

This is how it looks (my TT KH P228):

Posts: 13395 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks just like mine! Thanks for the info. I greatly appreciate it

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Looks just like mine! Thanks for the info. I greatly appreciate it

Glad to be of help, so you can have the correct info for potential buyers. Cool

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the pics of the P228. I will pass on it.

And yes, it was made, assembled, and proofed in Germany. Smile