SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Classifieds Section    WTS - Chris Reeve SA Aviator - Price reduced. SPF
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WTS - Chris Reeve SA Aviator - Price reduced. SPF Login/Join 
posted
For those of you into higher end knives, the Chris Reeve name should be familiar. Prior to moving to the US from South Africa, Reeve imported a few knives to the US. They are marked "Made in South Africa". The SA marked early knives are somewhat rare and are going for as much as $1500 and up, with box and papers.
For sale or trade:
Chris Reeve South African Aviator model with serial number 374.
I am the original owner and and would put the condition as 98%. Just a few very small marks on the blade and a little wear on the original sheath. Since I no longer have the box or papers, I am asking $550 shipped for the knife. I think this knife will only increase in value as time passes. Check the Ebay listings for Chris Reeve SA knives for more info.
Payment by USPS MO or personal check, with check held until clearance.
Photos to anyone interested. my e-mail address is in my profile.
Update 3-16:
Utsig put me in contact with a Reeve Collector in SA who gave me a much better idea of the knifes value. Since I lack the paperwork for the knife, I have reduced the price from $750 to $550.
Thanks!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: YooperSigs,

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 7937 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
If you're OK with shipping international I can forward this to a collector in South Africa. He's a good guy, I've sold him a knife and helped him acquire a couple of others.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
UTsig:
I have no idea how much it would cost to ship the knife to SA or how I would get payment. Contact me on my private e-mail and fill me in on the process.
Thanks!

Posts: 7937 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
UTsig's a knife guy and Good to Go.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 11523 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am certain UTsig is good to go, I am just in the dark about how the sale would work internationally.

Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Mitch.

I sent you an e-mail, hope it works out for you.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
UTsig gave me the info I needed.
Thanks, UTsig!

posted Hide Post
Knife is sold!