SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Classifieds Section    F/S: P-Shim, prevent scratch, smooth action P-series decock lever
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 13
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

F/S: P-Shim, prevent scratch, smooth action P-series decock lever Login/Join 
Picture of shikemd
posted Hide Post
Got mine a few weeks ago. I got the 0.008" thickness and had no issue with a 2005-ish P239 and a P229 of unknown vintage. However in my P226 Navy manufactured in June 2007 it was a very tight fit and I ended up removing the shim. Probably need the thinner shim. I'm not sure if this has something to do with having to build to the original Technical Data Package with the Navy models (much like today's MK25 pistols still have the short extractor and standard trigger). No big deal and I won't be sending it back as I have others pistols that can accommodate. The shim adds a nice touch to an otherwise fine pistol and am pleased with my purchase.

Posts: 794 | Location: Whoa, slow down there maestro. There's a NEW Mexico? | Registered: December 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Kill
Picture of Wyatt_jr
posted Hide Post
Wow, mine came in the other day and I'm impressed! Look at my registration date and post count, I'm not a coolaide drinking fan boy who raves about everything here.
I'm also a machinist who finds stuff like this and makes it myself all the time, I like tinkering. But I saw that Mr. Bumper did all the R&D and had this thing figured out ... AND it's seven bucks! Why should I do weeks of trial and error to save $7?

My P239 has been babied, I knew the scratch showed up eventually and when I would decock I would use a thumbnail and pull out! It wasn't a safe queen but I seriously babied it. I swear I'm going to park the S&W revolver and start carrying the 239 just to show this shim off!

This little shim thing pops right in, the video is awesome and the shim is something SIG should have developed.

Posts: 1835 | Location: Chester County, PA | Registered: March 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bumper
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the good words Wyatt!

I recently purchased a P229 DA/SA 40 made in 1996. Standard P-Shim (.008") would not fit, the skinny P-Shim (.005") fits perfectly. Most all recent P-229's take the standard P-Shim. If you are not sure which to order, you can easily check with a feeler gauge. See Page 4 this thread, 4th post down, for alternate method to check which version of P-Shim will fit your gun.

Posts: 1193 | Location: Nevada, United States | Registered: April 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy P-shim customer here but with a data point.

My August 2007 build date P220 Stainless Elite needed two 0.008" P-shims to be appropriately snugged up.

Posts: 5 | Registered: February 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bumper
posted Hide Post
BTT

Posts: 1193 | Location: Nevada, United States | Registered: April 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Payment sent for 1 P-Shim

Posts: 3 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: May 27, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
anybody here have any idea which P SHIM works best on a Matrix Precision P228R frame?

Posts: 12 | Location: NYC | Registered: July 12, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bumper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PCFIVEZ_GMC:
anybody here have any idea which P SHIM works best on a Matrix Precision P228R frame?

Sorry I don't. And there's some variation even on the same model gun from different time periods. One customer's gun had so much play he used two standard P-shims (.016" total!). But it's easy to check by removing the left grip and sliding a feeler gauge between decock lever and frame.

No feeler gauge? You can use aluminum foil, folded to get multiple layers: Standard Heavy Duty aluminum foil is 0.94 mils, or 0.00094" thick, so 8 layers of foil is close to a standard .008 P-Shim.

"Regular" aluminum foil is 0.63 mils . . . so if all you have is regular foil, twelve layers will get you there. Note in both cases the layers of foil get you to .0075 (and change)" but with the folds and stuff, darn close to .008" which is the thickness of the Standard P-Shim.

The feeler gauge or foil should ideally slide in all the way to the decock pivot bearing.

Special requirements? Email me and I'll do what I can - no additional cost.

Picture of bumper
posted Hide Post
Bump

Picture of blfuller
posted Hide Post
Payment sent for classic P-Shim.

Posts: 178 | Location: Eastern Washington State (dry side) | Registered: May 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bumper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by blfuller:
Payment sent for classic P-Shim.

Will be in the mail tomorrow - - thank you!

posted Hide Post
Received my "standard" shim and installed it in my P6-P225 . Quick and easy to install,,, works great. Thanks!

Posts: 44 | Location: jackson, California | Registered: April 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Received shims added to a 239 and a 229
Works great!
Great communication fast shipping
Thanks!

Posts: 30 | Location: DFW | Registered: April 19, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bumper
posted Hide Post
bump

Picture of bumper
posted Hide Post
bi-weekly bump to the top from page 7!

Thanks to all who order between bumps :c)

Picture of blfuller
posted Hide Post
Just an FYI my Browning BDA, AKA P220, with factory grips will accept the .008 thick shim. But if I use the Hogue G10's on it it will not allow the decocker to move. Not sure if the .005 shim will be any better or not.

Posts: 178 | Location: Eastern Washington State (dry side) | Registered: May 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bumper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by blfuller:
Not sure if the .005 shim will be any better or not.

You can return it, and I'll replace it with an .005", no charge. Or give you a refund. Your choice.

Or, If you want to "mess with it", you can make the P-shim thinner if you have some 400 to 600 grit wet dry paper and two flat surfaces. With a few drops of water, put P-shim between and slide sandpaper back and forth - you'll see brass "color" indicating material removal. If you muck it up, I'll still replace it with the .005", no charge.

posted Hide Post
Got my fourth p-shim today, thanks Bumper! Sig is better than ever now.

Posts: 26 | Registered: December 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jrams28
posted Hide Post
Hello,
email inbound about whether this shim works for the new P225-A1?
Thanks

"This is my SIG. There are many like it, but this one is mine".

Posts: 390 | Location: Missouri | Registered: September 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chris Anchor
posted Hide Post
Received shims. Installed one in my 228 very nice took out the slop. Thanks again, Chris.

Posts: 1701 | Location: Cecil Co. Maryland | Registered: January 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post