SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Classifieds Section    F/S: P-Shim, prevent scratch, smooth action P-series decock lever
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 16
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

F/S: P-Shim, prevent scratch, smooth action P-series decock lever Login/Join 
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Will this work w/ any P series? I've got two older P230's and a modern P226.

Posts: 1922 | Location: Leesburg VA | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bumper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
Will this work w/ any P series? I've got two older P230's and a modern P226.

PGT,

No, the P-Shim will work on your P226, but not on those pretty P230's.

I'd need diagrams, measurements, and more info - or better, have one in front of me to come up with a workable solution. The lever arm is long, so it might be better to use a slider button (requires drilling lever to fix in place) or a rub strip under the lever and covered by the grip.

If using the rub strip idea, you'll want to use a bit of UHMW-PE tape with acyrlic adhesive, 10 mils thick would be good. Clean the surface of the frame with mineral spirits and then denatured alcohol. Apply strip of tape. Should last a good long time as the acrylic is at least resistant to oil . . . . if you'd like to try that, contact me via my profile email and I'll send you a Karma short length of tape - just have to remember to get some as it's at my hangar.

UHMW PE (ultra high molecular weight polyethylene) is the strongest long chain polymer plastic, almost as slippery at Teflon and way tougher. 1" thick will stop a .45 (but probably not a .40 :c)

bumper

bumper

Posts: 1225 | Location: Nevada, United States | Registered: April 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mhobtr:
Installed one in my P229 today. I think I'm going to like it a lot.

I believe the best part is that it eliminates the friction at the front of the lever which makes a much smoother operation.

Thanks John!!

I like these shims so much I just sent an email to order two more.

Thanks

Posts: 40 | Registered: July 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I ordered 5 today. Bumper was a perfect gentleman to work with via E-Mail. Will post a review when I do my first installation.

Posts: 1147 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida | Registered: July 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sigman940
posted Hide Post
Payment sent. Thanks again for a great product.

~ ante omnia armari

Posts: 691 | Registered: January 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bumper
posted Hide Post
A member here w/ '89 W. German P226, got back to me saying standard .008" thick P-Shim was too tight on his gun.

Anyone else had a fitting issue on one of the older guns?

I'm waiting for more info and a feeler gauge measurement - will see about making him a thinner P-shim if that's what it takes.

bumper

Posts: 1225 | Location: Nevada, United States | Registered: April 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bumper:
A member here w/ '89 W. German P226, got back to me saying standard .008" thick P-Shim was too tight on his gun.

Anyone else had a fitting issue on one of the older guns?

I'm waiting for more info and a feeler gauge measurement - will see about making him a thinner P-shim if that's what it takes.

I received the two additional ones I ordered. One was for an early P228 West German and the other for an "NSW" prefix P226 Navy. I saw this post so I tried one in the Navy first - would not work - too tight. Put the same shim in the P228 and it worked great.

Tried the second shim in the Navy and too tight also.

The tolerances on the Navy are much closer than any other SIG I own except for my P210's. To be honest, I don't think a thinner shim will help the Navy.

So I now have an extra shim. Guess I will have to buy another SIG to install it in!

Posts: 40 | Registered: July 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shooter10
posted Hide Post
Hello I sent an email to you I would like to try one.

Posts: 78 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bumper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shooter10:
Hello I sent an email to you I would like to try one.

Your P-Shim will go in the mail today. Have a nice Christmas and enjoy!

bumper

Picture of shooter10
posted Hide Post
Received the shim in record time.
This should be on all P series Sig's from the factory.
I ordered a second shim for my other Sig.
Simple install and removes all the slop from the decocking lever.
Buy with confidence!

Posts: 78 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aguilar64
posted Hide Post
Bumper, I lost the envelope with your address, can you email it to me unless you take personal PayPal. I have installed them on 3 SIGs and they worked great. Thanks again.
ea.aguilar @ gmail.com

“When the law disarms good guys, bad guys rejoice.”
― Ted Nugent

Posts: 1903 | Location: North East | Registered: November 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Payment sent for 3. Thanks!

Posts: 209 | Location: Texas | Registered: December 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aguilar64
posted Hide Post
Payment has been sent, thanks again.

“When the law disarms good guys, bad guys rejoice.”
― Ted Nugent

Posts: 1903 | Location: North East | Registered: November 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bumper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mhobtr:

I received the two additional ones I ordered. One was for an early P228 West German and the other for an "NSW" prefix P226 Navy. I saw this post so I tried one in the Navy first - would not work - too tight. Put the same shim in the P228 and it worked great.

Tried the second shim in the Navy and too tight also.

The tolerances on the Navy are much closer than any other SIG I own except for my P210's. To be honest, I don't think a thinner shim will help the Navy.

So I now have an extra shim. Guess I will have to buy another SIG to install it in!

If you have a feeler gauge, you might see what thickness of of gauge blade will fit under the decocker lever. If you do this, with left grip removed, slide the blade in from the front. The thickest blade that will fit easily is the number I need. I can see about making you a thinner replacement or I can provide you with a UHMW spacer. No cost to you of course.

bumper

posted Hide Post
Bumper,

I sent you an e-mail on Nov. 23 re four shims and haven't heard anything from you (I'm in Massachusetts). Shall we assume at this date my e-mail was lost and start over? I see you've more recently included a PayPal link in post 1. I'll use that but don't want to be double ordering if the Nov 23 request is still in the works. Please advise. Thanks!

Posts: 37 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: August 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bumper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Editor:
Bumper,

I sent you an e-mail on Nov. 23 re four shims and haven't heard anything from you (I'm in Massachusetts). Shall we assume at this date my e-mail was lost and start over?

Editor (and all),

I check my email twice daily, so when you order, please expect a response same day or by the following morning anyway. Shipping is also same or next day latest.

I apologize, I can't find a record of your email anywhere, checked my spam folder too.

Please get back to me either with the PayPal link or email in my profile, I'll get your P-Shims in the mail ASAP. Also note new pricing on multiple orders in first post of thread.

thanks and sorry for whatever caused the mixup,

bumper

Picture of anbu_yoshi
posted Hide Post
Paypal payment sent for 2, Bumper. Paypal email has my user name in it. Thanks for the innovation.

Stay safe and walk tall, my friends.

Posts: 35 | Location: CA | Registered: August 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
E-mail and paypal sent,

Thank you,

Posts: 12 | Registered: March 04, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just sent you $7 for one shim....(to Wmsburg, Va address shown in PayPal.

Posts: 257 | Location: Williamsburg, VA,  | Registered: June 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bumper
posted Hide Post
There's been a flurry of orders, but I'm sure I'm all caught up. If you've sent payment via PayPal or sent me a private email, you should have already received acknowledgement of your order.

If you post here that you've placed an order, and your email in not in your profile, that's okay but please confirm I have responded to your order privately (and if I have not, let me know). Your forum name may not give me a way to correlate your post here to your actual order. I hope that makes sense.

bumper