SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Classifieds Section    F/S: P-Shim, prevent scratch, smooth action P-series decock lever
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 13
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

F/S: P-Shim, prevent scratch, smooth action P-series decock lever Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Installed a shim in my 245, and very happy with the results. I highly recommend these, an excellent idea. Thanks for the great item, and the fast shipping.

Posts: 80 | Location: Western New York | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bumper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by giz55792:
I'm think the postal service lost the one you were sending me,

Giz,

Waiting to hear from you.

Did you get an acknowledgement email in response to your initial email order? If no, I didn't receive it. Please check my profile for my correct email address and try again . . . I'd like to take care of this for you.

bumper

Posts: 1193 | Location: Nevada, United States | Registered: April 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hydor
posted Hide Post
Bumper,

Got and installed mine today - works great in both the 226 and 229.

Thanks!

Posts: 85 | Location: Winchester, TN | Registered: April 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Thank you.
Got mine installed in my old P225.
Works great! Payment sent.

Now if I can only get the last two screws out of the grips of the P229 I just picked up today...

Finally got the old grips off and installed the shim and the E2 grip. Works great.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Chowser,

Not minority enough!

Posts: 5646 | Location: South of Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of giz55792
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bumper:
quote:
Originally posted by giz55792:
I'm think the postal service lost the one you were sending me, as I still haven't gotten the one you were sending for my P229. Going to have to order another one from you here soon.

I send an email to say when the P-shim is on it's way. Goes into the mail same day or next business day latest. Please allow 3 or 4 days.

Send me another private email stating "replacement" with your address and I'll get another out to you ASAP. Sorry for the shipping problem.

I got your e-mail saying that you had sent it, I'm just thinking our wonderful postal service lost it or the mail carrier owns a Sig. I'll shoot you another e-mail. Thanks bumper, you truly are a stand up guy.

If breathing wasn't automatic, they'd be too stupid to do it.

Posts: 580 | Location: Virginia, MN | Registered: October 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bumper
posted Hide Post
Giz,

No problem, sorry for the "delay", your replacement will be in the mail tomorrow.

I don't suppose he has two Sigs? :c)

bumper

Posts: 1193 | Location: Nevada, United States | Registered: April 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Center mass,
Armpit level...

Picture of greekfed
posted Hide Post
Bumper, is there any effect on reliability? Have you seen or heard of any problems after installing one?
Thanks!

Posts: 3121 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: August 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bumper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by greekfed:
Bumper, is there any effect on reliability? Have you seen or heard of any problems after installing one?
Thanks!

No, there are no reported problems, nor have I experienced any fitment, installation, or operating issues . . . just a considerable improvement!

There is no failure mode with the P-shim that could conceivably affect weapon reliability, pro or con. The P-shim is simply acting as a spacer to a secondary, non-fire control, control. The P-shim removes most, but not all of the excess lateral play in the decocking lever - it leaves a tiny amount of the original play for the sake of reliability (you wouldn't want the lever so tight that it could bind). It is also acting as a bearing to smooth the movement of the lever. The dissimilar softer metal (in this case brass against much harder anodized aluminum or on some guns stainless steel) also acts to enhance durability and reliability, as it cannot gall and acts like a natural bearing material.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bumper,

bumper

Picture of Optimus
posted Hide Post
So far so GOOD ... works well, no more rubbing on the frame. Easy to install. Thanks for a great product. Email on the way for payment.

====================================
EBR disease

Posts: 888 | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Center mass,
Armpit level...

Picture of greekfed
posted Hide Post
Bumper,

Thanks for the detailed reply! I'm looking forward to installing them as soon as they arrive!

Posts: 3121 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: August 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bumper
posted Hide Post
Bump for new P-Shim installation video:

https://youtu.be/RTS-zQH6Kl0

bumper

Picture of Sigman940
posted Hide Post
Hey Bumper, I sent you an email order as well as a message. Thanks!

~ ante omnia armari

Posts: 642 | Registered: January 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
Hey bumper, the second order arrived late last week. Going to install those two today. Appreciate the fast shipping & congrats on becoming a movie star...perhaps you have a future as a hand model.

(PayPal'd you once more for these two, thanks again.)

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1238 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bumper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by elde:
Hey bumper, the second order arrived late last week. Going to install those two today. Appreciate the fast shipping & congrats on becoming a movie star...perhaps you have a future as a hand model.

(PayPal'd you once more for these two, thanks again.)

I think it was Waylon Jennings on the intro to Dukes of Hazard who had that "hands only shown" problem - still remember Daisy in them cut-offs!

bumper

Picture of giz55792
posted Hide Post
bumper,

The shim came in the mail today and its already installed. Its amazing how that little thing makes the decock lever smoother and I noticed some wear on the back side of the lever. Thanks again.

If breathing wasn't automatic, they'd be too stupid to do it.

Posts: 580 | Location: Virginia, MN | Registered: October 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Center mass,
Armpit level...

Picture of greekfed
posted Hide Post
John,

The P-shims arrived in today's mail and the first one is installed already - easy as pie!

Now I just have to get my other P-228 out of the safe before I lose the P-shim on my cluttered work bench.

Thanks again for an easy transaction and a great product.

Chris

Picture of akaSigFreak
posted Hide Post
John,
Received my envelope yesterday and installed the first one in my P220 Compact. Definite improvement!
Can't wait to get the others done. I followed the video and it took me longer to find the tools I needed than it did to install the P-Shim.
Thanks!
Eric

Posts: 1144 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: February 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be Well and Keep Your Rifle Clean
Picture of mrmn50
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by akaSigFreak:
John,
Received my envelope yesterday and installed the first one in my P220 Compact. Definite improvement!
Can't wait to get the others done. I followed the video and it took me longer to find the tools I needed than it did to install the P-Shim.
Thanks!
Eric

Tools? Like what? Thanks.

"..AGAINST ALL ENEMIES, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC,...SO HELP ME GOD."

Posts: 21065 | Location: Czechtown,Minnesota | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bumper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrmn50:

Screwdriver (or tool to remove left grip).

Lube (I use Super Lube grease, whatever slide lube you use normally is fine).

Loctite (or whatever you prefer to use on grip screws) - - put them back in G-E-N-T-L-Y-!

As others have mentioned, installing a P-Shim is easy and takes but a few minutes. Check out the video linked in the first post of this thread.

Enjoy!

bumper

Be Well and Keep Your Rifle Clean
Picture of mrmn50
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bumper:
quote:
Originally posted by mrmn50:

Screwdriver (or tool to remove left grip).

Lube (I use Super Lube grease, whatever slide lube you use normally is fine).

Loctite (or whatever you prefer to use on grip screws) - - put them back in G-E-N-T-L-Y-!

As others have mentioned, installing a P-Shim is easy and takes but a few minutes. Check out the video linked in the first post of this thread.

Enjoy!

I got the screwdriver. But, you said tools and I was at a loss. Thanks me boy, Smile

"..AGAINST ALL ENEMIES, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC,...SO HELP ME GOD."

Posts: 21065 | Location: Czechtown,Minnesota | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post