SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Classifieds Section    F/S: P-Shim, prevent scratch, smooth action P-series decock lever
Page 1 ... 13 14 15 16
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

F/S: P-Shim, prevent scratch, smooth action P-series decock lever Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bumper:
quote:
Originally posted by medicin3man:
Hey man! I literally just made this account to let ou know I sent paypal for 1 P-Shim! I bought it using my wifes paypal (jody).

Thanks!

Thanks medman, though I like doing business with women shooters (we need more of them), sorry for calling you Jody in my email reply! :c) So how did you find out about P-Shims? Did you find it here or elsewhere?

Hey Bumper!

I have a P229 Scorpion and I started to notice that when I would use the decocker without a mag, the decocker lever bushing would "unseat" and I would have to manual reset the decocker. The problem doesn't occur when a mag is inserted. I did a search for possible solutions and your P-shims page came up. I thought I would give it a try before I contact Sig and have to go through the process of sending the pistol in.

No worries man. haha

Posts: 5 | Location: Eustis, FL | Registered: September 27, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Bumper.

Received the shim today and immediately put it on my 229. Problem solved and no more issue with the decocker not resetting.

THANK YOU!

Posts: 5 | Location: Eustis, FL | Registered: September 27, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bumper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hey Bumper.

Received the shim today and immediately put it on my 229. Problem solved and no more issue with the decocker not resetting.

THANK YOU!

Glad that solved the problem for you! I hadn't heard of your problem (if I understand it correctly). I've seen slight variation in the length of decock bearing shaft as well as in the frame wall at that point, but not so much that it would allow the inside "plate" to shift (is that correct?). Anyway, good shooting!

Posts: 1225 | Location: Nevada, United States | Registered: April 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bumper:
quote:
Hey Bumper.

THANK YOU!

You understand correctly. Without a mag, when I would use the decocker, the bushing would literally unseat fro the "notch" inside the receiver so it would move with the lever instead os staying seated. I would then have to manually reset the decocker. When a mag is inserted, there is sufficient pressure to keep the bushing in place to not cause the problem.

It started happening after a fairly muddy training and the 229 was caked with mud and sand. Had to fire the 229 and had a malfunction immediately. After cleaning is when the problem started.

Glad that solved the problem for you! I hadn't heard of your problem (if I understand it correctly). I've seen slight variation in the length of decock bearing shaft as well as in the frame wall at that point, but not so much that it would allow the inside "plate" to shift (is that correct?). Anyway, good shooting!