SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Classifieds Section    F/S: P-Shim, prevent scratch, smooth action P-series decock lever
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 13
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

F/S: P-Shim, prevent scratch, smooth action P-series decock lever Login/Join 
Picture of bumper
posted
P-Shim is $7 for one, $6.50 for each additional - includes shipping to USA - overseas [non-military] add $1 per order.

***Limited number of "seconds" available: 1 for $5, 2 for $9, 3 for $12, or 4 for $15. These are standard P-Shims, .008" thick and have a thin double strike mark on part of their OD that does not affect function. Satisfaction guaranteed, less $1 restock. Specify "P-Shim-S" - - this paragraph will be deleted when out of stock. Quantity remaining, approx. 15.***

To purchase you can click this link: paypal.me/bumper - be sure to include your address and number of P-Shims. Or send an email (in my profile) with your shipping address and the number of P-shims you would like.

The shim takes out lateral play in the decock lever to prevent or help prevent marking the frame that sometimes occurs. It also makes the lever operation silky smooth.

This shim is brass, 5/8" OD, 5mm ID, and .008" thick. It is intentionally as large a diameter as will fit (for better lateral support). The notched edge allows the decock arm, with it's smaller radius from the pivot bearing, to fit.

IMPORTANT: Please see page 4, 4th post down. The vast majority of Classic P series will use the standard .008" thick shim. Some year 2000 and before P229 and some later P228 (not inclusive, there may be others) will need the "Thin" P-Shim that is .005". If there's any question as to which version you need, please see the referenced post and measure before ordering. If you order the wrong one, please return it and I'll replace it at no charge.

If you are not pleased, you may return within 90 days for refund.

East to install, here's a 2 minute 45 second video showing how:

Link to original video:

https://youtu.be/RTS-zQH6Kl0

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bumper,

bumper

Posts: 1188 | Location: Nevada, United States | Registered: April 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bumper
posted Hide Post
Bump for ordering/price change.

bumper

Posts: 1188 | Location: Nevada, United States | Registered: April 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
If anyone has a P-series with some play in the decocker this is your answer. Installed one from bumper in an older 226 and made a world of difference in the feel (firmness) when de-cocking the pistol.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Posts: 4082 | Location: Willow Park, TX | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sigman88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigM4:
If anyone has a P-series with some play in the decocker this is your answer. Installed one from bumper in an older 226 and made a world of difference in the feel (firmness) when de-cocking the pistol.

I second that.

Posts: 429 | Location: Cyberspace | Registered: January 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bumper,
I received mine today and they're a snap to install. Goodbye sloppy decock lever. This little item is a gem. Install one and forget the frame rash. Thanks for a great idea.

Posts: 83 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 18, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be Well and Keep Your Rifle Clean
Picture of mrmn50
posted Hide Post
Amazing idea.

"..AGAINST ALL ENEMIES, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC,...SO HELP ME GOD."

Posts: 21012 | Location: Czechtown,Minnesota | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
I love mine!

High taxes, redistribution of wealth, open borders, the erasure of gender, the primacy of skin color, the dumbing-down of education across the board: these are the policies the Democrats promote.

Posts: 9137 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KHolm
posted Hide Post
Interested to try this! Thanks in advance and can't wait to install it.

Isaiah 54:17 - No weapon formed against us shall prosper....

What do I want? A time machine.
When do I want it? Irrelevant.

Posts: 1617 | Location: Central Iowa | Registered: January 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
Picture of KMitch200
posted Hide Post
Email inbound.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 2631 | Location: AZ - West side of the valley | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
email sent for two.

Posts: 40 | Registered: July 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bumper - Thank you Sir for the fast shipping. My two P-Shims arrived Saturday (3 days after emailing you) in perfect condition. One has been installed already.

Payment went in the mail today by First Class Mail.....Thanks Again Sir.....Mark

Posts: 2159 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Received as promised! Can't wait to install!
Smile

Posts: 19 | Location: Philly Burbs | Registered: March 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KHolm
posted Hide Post
Same here! Just a matter of time to install. I'll get payment to you shortly. Thanks again!

Isaiah 54:17 - No weapon formed against us shall prosper....

What do I want? A time machine.
When do I want it? Irrelevant.

Posts: 1617 | Location: Central Iowa | Registered: January 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jeez, something else I now can't live without. Smile

Gotta check the safe and see how many P-series to order for.

Posts: 3799 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bumper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KHolm:
Same here! Just a matter of time to install. I'll get payment to you shortly. Thanks again!

You're welcome!

Very easy and quick to install. I can do it in less than 5 minutes (but I've had some practice) - maybe 6 minutes if you're slow :c)

Instructions:

Remove slide.

Remove left side grip.

Hold frame in off hand with finger inside pushing against base plate of decocker bearing - that'd be the part behind the 5mm pin the decock lever pivots on.

Lift aft end of decocker spring and remove it and decock lever.

Lube both sides of shim and place on bearing with cut out notch to rear.

Replace decock lever with rear arm positioned in edge notch of shim.

Replace spring, pushing spring down into notch on bearing post - while using finger inside frame to hold bearing plate in position (the shim takes out most all the slop so you may have to push gently from both ends.

Use a small screwdriver (one with a notch cut in it helps but not required) to place spring end into hole in decocker lever. If you have difficulty getting the spring end in the hole, you might try pulling it into position with a length of dental floss looped around end of spring.

Enjoy a smooth operating decocker lever that feels the way a quality control lever should feel on a Sig pistol. The P-Shim will last the life of your pistol, requires no modification to install, and can be quickly removed should your gun need to be returned to Sig for service.

bumper

posted Hide Post
Installed one in my P229 today. I think I'm going to like it a lot.

I believe the best part is that it eliminates the friction at the front of the lever which makes a much smoother operation.

Thanks John!!

Posts: 40 | Registered: July 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
bumper....what a great little product - makes an incredibly nice difference in the Decocker action.

Also, thanks for the fast shipping: pay pal'ed you a couple of days ago.

I'm gonna need a few more of these suckers now that I've experienced the result!

“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1183 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of giz55792
posted Hide Post
I'm think the postal service lost the one you were sending me, as I still haven't gotten the one you were sending for my P229. Going to have to order another one from you here soon.

If breathing wasn't automatic, they'd be too stupid to do it.

Posts: 579 | Location: Virginia, MN | Registered: October 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bumper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by giz55792:
I'm think the postal service lost the one you were sending me, as I still haven't gotten the one you were sending for my P229. Going to have to order another one from you here soon.

I send an email to say when the P-shim is on it's way. Goes into the mail same day or next business day latest. Please allow 3 or 4 days.

Send me another private email stating "replacement" with your address and I'll get another out to you ASAP. Sorry for the shipping problem.

bumper

I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
Picture of KMitch200
posted Hide Post
I got mine out of the mailbox yesterday bumper.

THANK YOU!

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 2631 | Location: AZ - West side of the valley | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post