SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Classifieds Section    WTB: Sig P229 Sport Comp spring
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WTB: Sig P229 Sport Comp spring Login/Join 
Picture of carman
posted
Hello,

Without realizing it I shot the comp screw loose on my P229 Sport .357 Sig, and it went flying out. I found the wedge and screw but the spring is gone.

Would anyone know a source to purchase one or have one they would part with?

I know this might be a long shot but I have to ask.

Thanks,

Tony

Posts: 563 | Location: Illinois | Registered: February 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Check with Robert Boilini. He stocks a pretty good assortment of custom shop imported stuff, including small parts, etc... I don't know if he frequents here, but his webpage is

www.firearmsdepot.us

Posts: 275 | Location: Colorado | Registered: March 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of carman
posted Hide Post
Thanks taadski, I'll give them a try.

Posts: 563 | Location: Illinois | Registered: February 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of carman
posted Hide Post
Well, that was a good try but they did not have anything close.
Any other ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks

Picture of carman
posted Hide Post
I did find a spring at the local hard ware store and I hope it works.
I would like to leave this active as well as I would hope to find a factory spring at some point.
Thanks,
Tony

Picture of carman
posted Hide Post
BTT

posted Hide Post
I know this might be crazy but what about contacting Sig in Germany the mother ship so to speak. I would think that they could export a spring without violating the export ruling but I may be WAY off here. Didn't there used to be a member here from Germany? I thought he was stationed there and posted quite often, I thought his screen name was C Swimm or something close to that.

It's kids like you, who make this bus late.

Posts: 807 | Location: Weirton,WV | Registered: April 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cazio:
Didn't there used to be a member here from Germany? I thought he was stationed there and posted quite often, I thought his screen name was C Swimm or something close to that.

C Swimm moved back to Kentucky a few years ago, he is state-side last I heard.

We do have German and Swiss members, but the spring you are looking for goes in a gun. It's going to be ITAR restricted.

Posts: 17206 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought it was worth a try. I wasn't sure exactly what was banned from export.

Posts: 807 | Location: Weirton,WV | Registered: April 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cazio:
I thought it was worth a try. I wasn't sure exactly what was banned from export.

Certainly not banned from export, but the outfit that legally exported it to you would have to sell a lot of springs to make up for the cost of the license.

Posts: 17206 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of carman
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the thought cazio, and the info LDD. I did call Sig and they said the same thing as LDD, but they thought it would be out of stock anywhere by now. But you never know Smile

posted Hide Post
Try Bruce Gray or Gerry at Total Automation maybe they can make you one since that is what they do best.