SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Classifieds Section    If your item for sale is listed on another board and you are not a dealer, do not post your item here
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If your item for sale is listed on another board and you are not a dealer, do not post your item here Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
**Dealers are exempt from this rule**

If you have your item listed on another board, do not post it here. If you wish to post it here, it needs to be an exclusive listing.

The only person to benefit by multiple listsings is the seller. This practice frequently creates confusion and resentment, when a member wants to buy an item listed here, only to be told that the item was sold on another board. Or- even worse- the seller, having sold his item elsewhere, completely disregards the listing they created here. They don't mark the item sold and do not respond to queries, thus wasting everyone's time with this inconsiderate behavior. This is unacceptable here. Members who treat their fellow board members with such disregard should not bother posting ads here.

Any such listings will be deleted on sight, and anyone found to be concealing the fact that an item is listed on multiple sites will have their access to Classifieds revoked, as will those who continue to engage in this practice after being warned.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parabellum,

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Duly noted!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Thank you!

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HERITAGE
posted Hide Post
Thanks parabellum; welcome addition!

Posts: 328 | Location: MI | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
I think I've read this before, but I'm glad to see it reiterated.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I don't have a dog in the fight, because I don't fall into either of the below categories, but I'd like to pose a question for clarification:

How should this be handled by companies who post advertisements on more than one forum, including companies like Cope's Distributing, Ammo Can Labels, Customized Creationz, Top Gun Supply, and Krebs Customs?

What about individuals who make their own items to sell on more than one forum, like RGrizzle, Big River Leather, or any of the other various holster makers, or Shooboy's gunsmithing hammers?

Thanks in advance for the clarification.

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You bring up a very good point, and I should have considered this.

Dealers would need to be exempt from this, and will be on this board.

Thanks for pointing this out.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ozarks Holster Co.
Picture of dosborn81
posted Hide Post
While I am only active on this forum, that is good to know.

Thanks, Para.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Posts: 9147 | Location: Nixa, MO | Registered: April 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great!

Posts: 29 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IndianaMike
posted Hide Post
Understood !

Posts: 1596 | Location: NORTHEAST INDIANA | Registered: August 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just lost a Sig 239 because the seller had it posted on a Local board in his area .This is a great rule if, the members follow it !

Posts: 98 | Registered: August 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
Doh!

Guilty. I hardly sell anything and wasn't even thinking about that rule, it's been so long since I signed the waiver.

Sorry, Boss.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16263 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
I do have a question, as I only just read the topic.

While I have used the Classifieds in the past with good luck, sometimes the item has not sold for a length of time. What would be needed in order to list the item elsewhere? Have the moderator delete the Thread? Post Withdrawn?

I may have some items for sale in the future to list here, but if they don't sell here, would like to have the freedom to list them elsewhere.
What would be the procedure?

Thanks...

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:
I do have a question, as I only just read the topic.

While I have used the Classifieds in the past with good luck, sometimes the item has not sold for a length of time. What would be needed in order to list the item elsewhere? Have the moderator delete the Thread? Post Withdrawn?

I may have some items for sale in the future to list here, but if they don't sell here, would like to have the freedom to list them elsewhere.
What would be the procedure?

Thanks...

I believe that Para cedes you the right to sell stuff anywhere you wish. Just not at the same time it is posted on the Forum.
All you have to do is mark your thread withdrawn in the title and then erase all of your data in the thread. Then, put in withdrawn in the thread.
Easy Smile

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
I like this idea. It only strengthens our community.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12930 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why are dealers exempt from this rule? Maybe it is obvious but I would like to understand that.
If dealers are supporting the site financally I understand it.

Posts: 551 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: February 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
I believe that Para cedes you the right to sell stuff anywhere you wish. Just not at the same time it is posted on the Forum.
All you have to do is mark your thread withdrawn in the title and then erase all of your data in the thread. Then, put in withdrawn in the thread.

Thanks, I have had items lanquish here for months, and when listed elsewhere sold .

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rwschill:
Why are dealers exempt from this rule? Maybe it is obvious but I would like to understand that.

I am going to toss out my thoughts on this.

A dealer typically has mulitples of items they list, where individual usually has one of a kind, or maybe a few.

Dealers posting multiple locations can make good on those who "I'll take it", and keep their ads upt to date and communicate well.

Contrasted to an individual (and mostly those who made this rule needful) often drop ads on multiple forums, then fail to clean up "orphaned" ads, fail to reply to people who have interest, and just are annoying.

That's my take on it.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:
Originally posted by rwschill:

I am going to toss out my thoughts on this.

A dealer typically has mulitples of items they list, where individual usually has one of a kind, or maybe a few.

Dealers posting multiple locations can make good on those who "I'll take it", and keep their ads upt to date and communicate well.

Contrasted to an individual (and mostly those who made this rule needful) often drop ads on multiple forums, then fail to clean up "orphaned" ads, fail to reply to people who have interest, and just are annoying.

That's my take on it.

Yo!, Baby!

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shooter-55
posted Hide Post
Para,
Just wanted to say thank you for allowing small businesses to offer our products on your site. Sig Forum has been very kind to me, and I truly appreciate the ability to make friends as well as good clients on here. Being a Sig proponent doesn't hurt either.
Sincere thanks from one of those business owners.
Tim
(shooter-55)
Defensive Line Leathers

Don't ever mistake meek for weak…...

Posts: 326 | Location: Northern Ohio | Registered: February 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post