SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Classifieds Section    CLOSED: WTT: Some .22LR or 5.56NATO ammo for a box of .30-30Win
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CLOSED: WTT: Some .22LR or 5.56NATO ammo for a box of .30-30Win Login/Join 
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted
CLOSED

I just picked up a Marlin 336C in .30-30 and cannot any ammo locally for it. I have a crap-ton load of .22 rimfire and 5.56NATO ammo that I would be willing to trade an equivalent amount (dollar-wise) for a box or two of .30-30 Win. Would strongly prefer this to be local to the Huntsville, AL area so no shipping costs (and HAZMAT fees) are involved.

I have several different flavors of the .22 rimfire stuff, most of it standard velocity, but some high-velocity. All of the 5.56 is Federal fodder, still new in the unopened case...

If anyone is interested, please let me know via reply here or e-mail (in my profile). Thanks!

Final Edit: Got what I need, so am considering this closed. Thanks!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bronicabill,

Bill R.
North Alabama

Posts: 3750 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Email sent

"Ultima Ratio Regum"
Life Member NRA Washington Arms Collectors
The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them.'

Posts: 1125 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
Response sent...

Bill R.
North Alabama

Posts: 3750 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
Scored a box locally today, and have two more incoming next week, so my immediate need is met.

However, I’m going to leave this open for a few days or so to see what else might be offered. Thanks!

Bill R.
North Alabama

posted Hide Post
Thanks for the trade!!

"Ultima Ratio Regum"
The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them.'

Posts: 1125 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Loswsmith:
Thanks for the trade!!

No, thank YOU! It is much appreciated!!!

I threw in two extra boxes (over our agreed amount) of the 5.56 to make up for my delay in shipping. So sorry for that!!!

Cheers!

Bill R.
North Alabama

posted Hide Post
You did NOT have to do that, but thank you anyway! Please let me know when they arrive and I'll do the same!

"Ultima Ratio Regum"

34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Loswsmith:
You did NOT have to do that, but thank you anyway! Please let me know when they arrive and I'll do the same!

Yes I did! I made an agreement with you and did not uphold my end 100% (doesn’t matter that I got sick... I made a deal), so I compensated the best way I knew how, and could afford! I have a lifetime supply of 5.56 ammo, so 2 extra boxes was no big deal in my mind... but I wanted to make up for being slack on my end of the bargain and not cross-shipping on Monday as agreed!

Will let you know when the .30-30 arrives, and you please do the same for the 5.56!

Bill R.
North Alabama

34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
Just wanted to give a shout-out to "Loswsmith" for an excellent trade transaction! Thanks much!!!

Bill R.
North Alabama

posted Hide Post
THANK YOU!! Just got your shipment and your generosity in return was over the top!

"Ultima Ratio Regum"