SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Classifieds Section    Omega Planet Ocean XL
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Omega Planet Ocean XL Login/Join 
Picture of tha1000
posted
2006ish vintage Omega Planet Ocean XL. This is the 45.5mm watch, it is a big watch. It has been my daily wear for 6 or 7 years, since I bought it. It shows signs of wear: some mild desk rash, and a couple of scratches on the bezel. It keeps good time. I have not had it serviced because it has never given me reason to believe it needed service. For the life of me, I cannot find the outer box and cards. I do have the inner box, hang tag, and spare link. I feel that my asking price is fair considering the condition and lack of the "full kit". I am asking $2250 shipped and insured.

I can email additional pics of any specific angle you would like. My email address is in my profile. Thank you for looking.

Posts: 4991 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
Up

Posts: 4991 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
500 views, nary a comment. If my price is out of whack, let me know!

posted Hide Post
Your price is exceptionally reasonable. I paid quite a bit more for mine.

Pete T. (aka Ted1Trading)

Posts: 428 | Location: CT USA | Registered: February 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
Thanks Pete.

Up again.

Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tha1000:

I'm half the views. It's a grail watch of mine. But I've got no cash. Want a spare kidney? Big Grin

Free Bump for a gorgeous watch.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 7520 | Location: Alpharetta, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by myrottiety:
quote:
Originally posted by tha1000:

I'm half the views. It's a grail watch of mine. But I've got no cash. Want a spare kidney? Big Grin

Free Bump for a gorgeous watch.

The other half are mine. Will someone please buy this watch and save me from it? The price is right.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SgtGold,

Posts: 5766 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is this automatic or does it use a battery?

Posts: 11 | Registered: August 27, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Topless:
Is this automatic or does it use a battery?

It's an automatic. The only battery powered Omega that I am aware of is the quartz Seamaster Professional. This is the coaxial series 2500 movement, which is the older ETA based movement. New ones use a house movement and the price is reflective of that. The model number of my watch is 2208.50.00. Here's a link to the specs on Omega's website.

https://www.omegawatches.com/e...al-45-5-mm-22085000/

I'd also like to say that it appears that the Orange Bezel and most of the 45.5 case diameter watches have been discontinued by Omega.

Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
and thank you for the bumps Myrottiety and SgtGold!

Picture of Berg
posted Hide Post
This is a great price for a beautiful Omega. I have the chronograph which is even bigger (taller). Yours is perfect for people with the right wrist size.

You should do a lume shot to really give an idea of how nice this is in the dark.

Posts: 753 | Location: near the 101 and 92 in Calif. | Registered: August 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do you know the bracelet model #? Also, do you know the length of the bracelet with all links installed?

Posts: 13 | Location: Appalachia | Registered: August 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Berg:
This is a great price for a beautiful Omega. I have the chronograph which is even bigger (taller). Yours is perfect for people with the right wrist size.

You should do a lume shot to really give an idea of how nice this is in the dark.

I'll try to remember.

Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SiginGA:
Do you know the bracelet model #? Also, do you know the length of the bracelet with all links installed?

It is the only bracelet I have ever seen on a Planet Ocean, but I do not know the model number. I posted the model number to the watch above.

My wrist measures 8.25". It currently fits me very comfortably. The additional link is a full size link which measures roughly 3/8. So the bracelet should accommodate a wrist up to 8.5" easily. I'd prefer not to remove it and measure it just for giggles.

Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
up

thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Price is very right. I've had that watch in 42mm since about that same time, love it. Most accurate automatic I've ever owned, runs about +2 seconds per day.

For buyers, the "rubber" strap trimmed orange stitching looks great on this watch too. I swap back and forth with the seasons.

GLWS!

{photo below is obviously NOT the seller's watch!}

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 8441 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
Thanks George. Not sure how I do not know who you are in the real world. I live in the Rez area and work in Ridgeland.

Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
up

Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
Probably the last bump. Willing to entertain offers before it's off to ebay.

Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
Mods, please close.