SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Classifieds Section    $99 Gun Trusts
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 24
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

$99 Gun Trusts Login/Join 
BBQ Sauce for Everyone!
posted Hide Post
Question sir....

I have an NFA trust now that ws done with Quicken. Can I purchase a new trust and use the same name of the existing? Basically replacing the old trust with the new?

Posts: 7903 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dean of Law
Picture of heavyd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TKO:
Question sir....

I have an NFA trust now that ws done with Quicken. Can I purchase a new trust and use the same name of the existing? Basically replacing the old trust with the new?

You can. This is called a restatement. Call me whenever you are ready to go forward. It's the same price as my gun trust.

H. Dean Phillips
$99 Gun Trusts
NFAlawyers.com

Posts: 6318 | Location: Georgia | Registered: December 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
BBQ Sauce for Everyone!
posted Hide Post
Excellent. Thank you sir.

Posts: 7903 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
Two questions before I pull the trigger.

Naming co-trustees/beneficiaries out of state; Any issue?

Same co-trustee wants to buy NFA items. Can he use the trust I setup with you? Or would that put them under the address of the trust, in another state?

For clarity it would be my brother, also the beneficiary, in NC, whereas I'm in MI.

Posts: 5280 | Location: Rochester Hills, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dean of Law
Picture of heavyd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rustpot:
Two questions before I pull the trigger.

Naming co-trustees/beneficiaries out of state; Any issue?

Same co-trustee wants to buy NFA items. Can he use the trust I setup with you? Or would that put them under the address of the trust, in another state?

For clarity it would be my brother, also the beneficiary, in NC, whereas I'm in MI.

Out of state co-trustees and beneficiaries are not an issue. You must each set up a gun trust.

H. Dean Phillips
$99 Gun Trusts
NFAlawyers.com

Posts: 6318 | Location: Georgia | Registered: December 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doubtful...
Picture of toms
posted Hide Post
Dean,

I have a trust setup in Florida but, now live in Texas. Do I need a trust setup in my current location for new acquisitions or can I still use the Florida one?

Best regards,

Tom

I have no comment at this time.

Posts: 2519 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Human, All
Too Human
posted Hide Post
Dean,

Got mine today and it looks great. Thank you for doing this. Can't believe I put this off for so long.

Appreciated,
TB

Posts: 976 | Location: Ohio | Registered: July 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dean of Law
Picture of heavyd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by toms:
Dean,

I have a trust setup in Florida but, now live in Texas. Do I need a trust setup in my current location for new acquisitions or can I still use the Florida one?

It really depends on the trust. I cannot speak for any other than mine, which would be fine moving states.

H. Dean Phillips
$99 Gun Trusts
NFAlawyers.com

posted Hide Post
First off, the service provided by heavyd and his group is excellent to say the least. For those of you that have filed your form ones, how long did it take to get your stamp? I've heard a month or a little better. I'm coming up on two months and am curious if I maybe did something wrong with the filing process. Thanks in advance.

Posts: 80 | Location: MN | Registered: April 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dean of Law
Picture of heavyd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rocketcbr929:
First off, the service provided by heavyd and his group is excellent to say the least. For those of you that have filed your form ones, how long did it take to get your stamp? I've heard a month or a little better. I'm coming up on two months and am curious if I maybe did something wrong with the filing process. Thanks in advance.

The eFiled Form 1 approval time is approximately 60 days right now.

H. Dean Phillips
$99 Gun Trusts
NFAlawyers.com

Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by heavyd:
quote:
Originally posted by rocketcbr929:

The eFiled Form 1 approval time is approximately 60 days right now.

I'm at 64 days today. Seems like they are creeping up in the 60-65 day range.

And a quick bump for HeavyD's Services.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 6987 | Location: Alpharetta, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This may have been covered in this thread, but reading through I did not find answers to these specific questions... I will ask them here in case it may help someone else too.

1) When purchasing an NFA item, does the schedule A have to be sent to the ATF along with the trust? And if so, can it be left "blank" (except for the token $ on schedule A)? Then, after NFA items are added to the schedule A, can I go back and add my non NFA items to schedule A to include them in the trust? The aim being to keep a list of non NFA items I own from the ATF's prying eyes.
2) A member of the trust lives in another state. Can a NFA item included in the trust legally be kept at that residence (not the address of the residence on the trust)?

Thanks for your assistance!

Posts: 666 | Location: North Texas | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dean of Law
Picture of heavyd
posted Hide Post
You can send a Schedule A in with $100 on it. A resident of another state who can lawfully possess the NFA weapons in that state may keep them there.

H. Dean Phillips
$99 Gun Trusts
NFAlawyers.com

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by heavyd:
You can send a Schedule A in with $100 on it. A resident of another state who can lawfully possess the NFA weapons in that state may keep them there.

Thanks for the quick reply. An example of Heavyd's great service!

-------------------
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered his last round.

Posts: 666 | Location: North Texas | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I live in NJ, I have no intentions of purchasing anything other than semi-automatic pistols. I have a small collection of hand guns, do I need to have a gun trust and if so, what are the benefits to me?

Posts: 52 | Registered: March 28, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dean of Law
Picture of heavyd
posted Hide Post
Call me to discuss.

H. Dean Phillips
$99 Gun Trusts
NFAlawyers.com

Dean of Law
Picture of heavyd
posted Hide Post
Bump

H. Dean Phillips
$99 Gun Trusts
NFAlawyers.com

Dean of Law
Picture of heavyd
posted Hide Post
To the top

H. Dean Phillips
$99 Gun Trusts
NFAlawyers.com

Dean of Law
Picture of heavyd
posted Hide Post
We are implementing a price reduction to $99 on all gun trusts. This service includes the following:

- Secure gun trust.
- Technical support. You may call me on my cell any time with questions 770-900-9175. I will walk you through eForms or paper forms.
- Detailed instructions.
- Frequently asked questions.
- Free amendments. I will provide you will all forms to add/remove co-trustees and beneficiaries, address changes.
- You can use this trust for as many NFA weapons, firearms, or as much firearm-related property as you like.

My personal regards,
H. Dean Phillips
www.NFAlawyers.com

H. Dean Phillips
$99 Gun Trusts
NFAlawyers.com

posted Hide Post
I've been meaning to do this for a while now, just kept forgetting.

One more quick question for you. Can the same trust have NFA and non-NFA firearms in it? Also, I asked earlier about co-trustees and beneficiaries. You said it'd be best for my 3 children to be co-trustees. Should I include them along with my wife as a beneficiary or just her? Finally, does it matter if my wife purchased some of the firearms? For example, if her name was on the 4473, does that matter or not?

Ok, that's actually 3 questions....sorry... Wink

Erick

Posts: 1509 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post