SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Classifieds Section    WTS TruGlo TFX PRO Sig Sights
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WTS TruGlo TFX PRO Sig Sights Login/Join 
posted
Hello,

This is a set of sights I purchased a couple months ago. I mounted the front sight and took it off without shooting or even carrying the gun. In the interest of complete honesty, I'm listing them as used but I don't think you could tell the front sight was even mounted. No filing or other alteration.

#6 Front and #8 rear (seems to be the standard for Sig sights).

Looking for $90 shipped to you. Email me: jakelaura AT msn.com (remove the AT and spaces and replace with @)

Posts: 121 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the DL
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
#6 Front and #8 rear (seems to be the standard for Sig sights).
FYI, this is the "standard for Sig sights" in .40 S&W, and .45 ACP.

The standard for 9mm and .357 SIG is #8 front, #8 rear.

Or maybe I have that backwards. But .40 and .45 use one size as standard, and 9mm and .357 SIG use the other size as standard.

A mind is a terrible thing.

Posts: 22711 | Location: Central Florida (near Orlando) | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd like to buy these but the sights on my 220 which I bought from a member here say 8 and 8. I always thought 220 sights were as you say VTail, 6&8. What would the difference be if I put a 6 on the front I wonder.

Posts: 5177 | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
I'd like to buy these but the sights on my 220 which I bought from a member here say 8 and 8. I always thought 220 sights were as you say VTail, 6&8. What would the difference be if I put a 6 on the front I wonder.

"The easiest way to think of it is, numbers up, groups up; numbers down, groups down. This is true for both front and rear sights.

Each number change on the rear sight will affect POI 2" per 25 yds. Each number change on the front sight will affect POI 1" per 25 yds."

SIG Sauer Sight Heights and Sight Numbers

P220 chambered in 45ACP is supposed to come w/ #6 front & #8 rear sights. There are exceptions though. If you like the way your P220 currently aims, then stick w/ the same # sights.

Posts: 1742 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
P365 uses 6 front, 8 rear.

AN ENCROACHMENT ON THE RIGHTS OF ONE OF US IS AN ENCROACHMENT ON THE RIGHTS OF ALL OF US.

Posts: 4870 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post