SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Classifieds Section    Anyone who transacts business in this section should read this
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone who transacts business in this section should read this Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
Guys, if you transact business in this section, be it buying, selling or trading, we expect you to act honorably and to treat the other party or parties in your transaction as you wish to be treated.

• The condition of items for sale or trade should be described in an accurate and honest fashion. Problems and flaws worthy of note should not be concealed. A lie by omission is still a lie.

• Parties to a transaction should agree on details of the transaction before money or merchandise changes hands.

• Buyers should send payment promptly. To my mind, this means payment should be received by the seller within seven days after an agreement is struck, unless other arrangements have been made and agreed upon by both parties.

• Sellers should ship merchandise promptly. To me, this means shipment within seven days after payment is received, unless other arrangements have been made and agreed upon by both parties.

• Response to queries by the other party should be prompt. Responses to emails should be made within 24 hours, unless mitigating circumstances exist.

lbj and I expect everyone who uses this section to, quite simply, do the right thing, and I believe we all know what that is when it comes to matters where money and property are involved.

It is the policy of SIGforum to publish the names and addresses of those who do not fulfill their part of any agreement made between buyer and seller, as a warning to all members of the board. Needless to say, anyone who ends up like that in this forum will have their posting rights revoked.

Pay quickly, ship quickly, respond to emails quickly, be open and honest in your dealings here, or conduct your business elswhere.
  •  
    Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    I wholeheartedly agree.

Posts: 99 | Registered: December 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of codecypher
    posted Hide Post
    The Buyers/Sellers Bill of Rights, love it.

Well written parabellum, thank you.

Posts: 1098 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of onikuma
    posted Hide Post
    in all my transactions here, i have never had a problem. every single one has gone smoothly and i feel safe doing business here with other members.

but the fact that para had to bring this up.. makes me wonder if there has been a rash of problematic users in the classifieds..

Mal: Dear Buddha, please bring me a pony and a little plastic rocket...

Posts: 896 | Location: city of fallen angels ;) | Registered: March 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Just An Old Guy
    posted Hide Post
    A execellent set of rules for transactions. No one should have any problems if they follow the guidelines you have posted.

What can one man do? You never know until you try.

Posts: 1975 | Location: VA | Registered: November 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    No problem with the rules AT ALL. I have been very lucky in every transaction I dealt with that payment and merchandise have gone out next-day, or gosh-darn close. I don't do much business here, but I have very high confidence in sigforum members.

Posts: 342 | Location: VA | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of Rick Lee
    posted Hide Post
    I love doing business here. No transaction I've done has taken more than 3-4 days to complete, even from one coast to the other.

Posts: 3492 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of Stripe1
    posted Hide Post
    I've never had a problem dealing with MississippiGal or 220ST or anyone else for that matter.

Posts: 117 | Location: Arizona - The East Valley | Registered: March 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    Sad to find this notice was necessary, but as a lawyer it's VERY refreshing to read rules that are short, simple and sweet: "...quite simply, do the right thing, and I believe we all know what that is when it comes to matters where money and property are involved".

And to read the suggestion (do your business elsewhere) and the consequences: Perp Walk of posting names and addresses.

By the way, so far in my short attendance here, I've been impressed with the transactions and email communication I've had. Thanks for providing this classified section.

Regards,
    rcj

Posts: 1341 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: August 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Satisfaction Guaranteed
    Picture of Buster30290
    posted Hide Post
    I agree that posting some basic rules was a good idea. Lets us all know what is expected.

Watching lots of transactions go down, and participating in a few, I'm amazed at the high quality of business ethics I see here - especially from the regular "vendors" that regularly adversise in this section.

One suggestion I would have, however, is that everyone should post a correct/current email address in their profile or provide it in the thread. I've seen this issue cause problems/delays in communication that lead to hard feelings.

Buster - "THE SENILITY PRAYER
    God, grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway; the good fortune to run into the ones I do; and the eyesight to tell the difference.

Keep your booger hook off the bang switch until .......

Posts: 3646 | Location: Nawth Jawja | Registered: February 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of codecypher
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Buster30290:
    I agree that posting some basic rules was a good idea. Lets us all know what is expected.

Watching lots of transactions go down, and participating in a few, I'm amazed at the high quality of business ethics I see here - especially from the regular "vendors" that regularly adversise in this section.

One suggestion I would have, however, is that everyone should post a correct/current email address in their profile or provide it in the thread. I've seen this issue cause problems/delays in communication that lead to hard feelings.

Excellent suggestion! I would add that sellers should post at least 1 picture of the item(s) they are selling. People are very visual, and there are 'WTS' posts almost daily w/o image(s) where pics have to be requested by multiple buyers.

Just a suggestion.

Posts: 1098 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of Bow Commander
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by codecypher:
    quote:
    Originally posted by Buster30290:

Excellent suggestion! I would add that sellers should post at least 1 picture of the item(s) they are selling. People are very visual, and there are 'WTS' posts almost daily w/o image(s) where pics have to be requested by multiple buyers.

Just a suggestion.

Good idea, you know darn well that the first post will say can you post pics? And then the seller always responds yea email me for pics. It drives me bonkers.

Posts: 443 | Location: Springfield Oregon | Registered: September 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Will Fly
    For Beer
    Picture of Tomster
    posted Hide Post
    Excellent.

I think that a permanent sticky should be left with all rules relating to the classified section.

Thanks for the forum

Posts: 6021 | Registered: October 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    4-H Shooting
    Sports Instructor
    Picture of Zecpull
    posted Hide Post
    I love buying here....But if you are making this a Sticky lets Remind people to have Location, and Price and Terms..in the ad.

'The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but
    > because he loves what is behind him.' G. K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Life member
    NRA Pistol instructor...and Range Safety instructor
    Women On Target Instructor.

Posts: 9071 | Location: Wooster,Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Master-at-Arms
    Picture of apf383
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by onikuma:
    in all my transactions here, i have never had a problem. every single one has gone smoothly and i feel safe doing business here with other members.

but the fact that para had to bring this up.. makes me wonder if there has been a rash of problematic users in the classifieds..

+1

I always thought there should be a feedback section attached to the classified section here. I have been fortunate to have never had a problem, and have met, and shot with, several members. All good people. Thanks mods, for a great site.

Foster's, Australian for Bud

Posts: 7489 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Bad Apple
    of the AAP
    Picture of 9mm_shooter
    posted Hide Post
    It is a shame that it has to be spelled out, but given the occasional problems, I understand why it had to be done.

Posts: 7793 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: June 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Snackologist
    Picture of BigJoe
    posted Hide Post
    Good thing to post. I do wish folks would keep the non transaction comments to a minimum. Comments like..."I wish I had the cash", or "it will sell quickly", only clog up the ad.

...You, higher mammal. Can you read?
    ....There's nothing sexier than a well worn, functional Sig!

Posts: 14005 | Location: WV | Registered: January 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of Anarion
    posted Hide Post
    The Eagle has spoken. Big Grin

Sounds like some common-sense rules I can live with.

==============================
    On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory.
    Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Posts: 3106 | Location: Houston | Registered: December 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Banned
    posted Hide Post
    I agree with Bigjoe about some comments clogging up the forum. Overall though I think some of these suggestions are great.

Posts: 2233 | Registered: January 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of cogunsales.com
    posted Hide Post
    Very well written.

Posts: 29 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: October 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post