SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Classifieds Section    Anyone who transacts business in this section should read this
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone who transacts business in this section should read this Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
BBB, I'm thinking that you sometimes sneak out of bed late at night, go open the safe, and have a little "alone time" with your new Christmas baby? LOL Don't let Mrs. BB catch you!

www.OrdnanceOutsellers.com
jerry@OrdnanceOutsellers.com

770-977-0662

Posts: 5227 | Location: Marietta, Ga. | Registered: August 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am a little late in reading this great post by Parabellum. However, I say "Amen, brother, preach it!" I have only had one purchase from a fellow forum member, however, it was a great deal, handled in a very timely manner with professionalism, courtesy, and excellent and prompt communication/shipment of the 239 9mm that I purchased. Thanks for a wonderful reminder about how to go about selling/buying on this forum.

Posts: 80 | Location: Salem, OR | Registered: March 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree 100%. Looking forward on doing business.

Posts: 5 | Location: Oregon | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truckin' On
Picture of AH.74
posted Hide Post
I would like to make a comment. I think it is reasonable to ask: Please do not ask a seller to reduce their asking price of X to your offering of Y unless you are actually willing to pay that price of Y.

It is very annoying to accept an offer only to be told the other party is still unsure. That's not bargaining in good faith, it's trying to drive the price down in my humble opinion.

Mods, please delete if this is inappropriate.

<<steps down off soapbox>>

Posts: 7342 | Location: Hermit’s Peak | Registered: November 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
AH 74, very well put! "tire kickers" do that all the time and never intended to consummate deal, even with price. I keep track of those folks!

770-977-0662

Posts: 5227 | Location: Marietta, Ga. | Registered: August 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blown_Chevelle
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stripe1:
I've never had a problem dealing with MississippiGal or 220ST or anyone else for that matter.

These 2 are great sellers

Posts: 1107 | Location: Mansfield, Ohio | Registered: March 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lawndartf16
posted Hide Post
Very reasonable rules.

lawndartf16

Posts: 9 | Location: Idaho, South of the Snake River | Registered: February 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
I would agree that making an offer and not following through is really bad form. However On a different forum and a different hobby I made an offer once, didn't hear heard back for quite some time. Then the seller demanded that I conclude the transaction.

If an offer is acceptable then the seller should respond in a reasonable amount of time. Rather than dawdle hoping for a better offer. Either take the offer or reject.

These days I will proactively rescind an offer if I think it has hung out too long and I decide it's time to start looking elsewhere.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fenris, good points and well said!

770-977-0662

Picture of RetiredIT
posted Hide Post
People should start their classifieds with WTS, WTT, or WTB and they should edit the title of their add when they have completed the transaction ( BOUGHT, SOLD , TRADED ) just my .04 ( inflation and all... )

Sig 226
Ruger 41 Magnum

Posts: 4 | Registered: June 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NineSprings
posted Hide Post
That's a good set of rules. One more thing I'd like to add is a warning to both sellers and buyers: be aware of your local and federal laws and restrictions.

Here is the point.

Both buyers are sellers are responsible for how they conduct business. But the point here is that while a buyer may be willing to bend or creatively interpret a local law (e.g., the 10 round mag restriction in CA), a seller may not be so inclined.

Private sellers are not always aware of the local restriction laws in other states, and the majority of them won't be happy about unknowingly violating local laws, however ridiculous and draconian we, firearm owners, find them.

"Pain or damage don’t end the world, or despair or [redacted] beatings. The world ends when you’re dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man - and give some back." (Al Swearengen)

Posts: 1095 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: October 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NineSprings:
Both buyers are sellers are responsible for how they conduct business. But the point here is that while a buyer may be willing to bend or creatively interpret a local law (e.g., the 10 round mag restriction in CA), a seller may not be so inclined.

Private sellers are not always aware of the local restriction laws in other states, and the majority of them won't be happy about unknowingly violating local laws, however ridiculous and draconian we, firearm owners, find them.

I had thought that was the advantage of doing a FFL-FFL transfer. If the transfer at the buyers end isn't legal then the receiving FFL doesn't complete transaction and sends it back. Or am I completely wrong? Wouldn't be the first time.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
NineSprings, good points and buyers should not expect selling FFL's to bend the rules! Losing license and livlihood would be LEAST of consequences!

Fenris, you are also correct! Even if "transfer FFL" accepts a gun from a private party, rather than from another FFL, transfer FFL should catch things like that! FFL to FFL has redunduncy built in, as no one is ever "perfect"

770-977-0662

Picture of Brando
posted Hide Post
Amen! Smile

" Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight." Psalms 144:1

Posts: 93 | Location: USA | Registered: January 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cruiser133
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ordnance Outsell:
AH 74, very well put! "tire kickers" do that all the time and never intended to consummate deal, even with price. I keep track of those folks!

The old "Tire Kickers" and Cockroaches, very frustrating to say the least...

Posts: 3015 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I have a question of the moderator(s)...

Is it still the sellers property to sell to whomever the seller chooses? I mean the sale ultimately should be left up to the seller, correct?

In other words, if someone says "I'll take it", but it involves waiting for funds and shipping out of state...vs selling to a local forum member who can do a FTF, even if the local spoke up after the out of state party.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
az, IMHO, as a "commercial dealer" the nod should go to whomever spoke up first! As an individual seller, "might" affect things; but still should go to first call! If buyer is out of state, proper arrangements for funds and shipping expenses should have been properly covered when initial transaction was agreed upon.

Turn the situation from buyers point of view. If you were buyer and you had a deal, would you expect seller to not honor your deal, just because it wasn't as "convenient"? Including more money?

Character is measured by the what one chooses to do, rather than what they might legally be entitled to do! Especially, when no one is watching! Just my .02!

770-977-0662

Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your reply. I'm just looking for clarification. For the most part, it seems everything goes very smoothly here.

I tend to agree with your point about a vendor, but my question was specifically about a private party sale with funds, FFL and shipping involved.

The vendor may get funds immediately, but a private seller usually has to wait unless a "discreet" PAYPAL arrangement is accepted. And I've seen to many times where someone backs out of a deal after the seller has waited patiently. The seller might have lost out on other potential buyers while waiting. That's avoided with a FTF deal.

My feeling is it's the sellers property to do with as the seller pleases until money actually changes hands. If a seller changes his mind about selling for whatever reason (before accepting funds), does that mean he cannot decide to keep his own property?

And yes, as a potential buyer I may be upset if I lost out on a deal, but if I knew ahead of time that the seller has the final decision, it might lessen the sting.

And making more money on a deal wasn't in my mind when I asked the question.

I'm on a Corvette site where this issue used to be a constant source of arguments. The admin/moderators finally instituted this rule which ended it...

"The seller will determine who they want to sell their item/product to based on the expediency of payment, payment method, location, and overall ease of transaction. While some may feel that the first to commit to purchase in the thread would make it easy, it may not be for the seller. If another buyer lives nearby and can save the trouble of shipping, etc. the seller can move onto that buyer let's remember, it is his item/product for sale.

This will eliminate the confusion of "dibs," replies to a thread, PM's, e-mail and telephone promotions/discussions, which has caused nothing but confusion and frustration in the past.

When the seller's price is met, no higher offers can be accepted. If a seller negotiates a higher price with a member who did not win the item at his/her original asking price, the seller and offering member will subject their account to a permanent block."

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
az, thanks for clarification! PayPal accounts can and will be frozen, if they find out firearms are involved! Believe initial responder should still get the nod; but nothing wrong with stipulating overnight or immediate Priority Mail and shipping charges for distant purchaser. Auto parts might be very large heavy, oddly shaped for shipping, so depending on individual situation local person could be preferred; but give opportunity for distant one to decide if extra hassles and cost are worth it to him?

770-977-0662

posted Hide Post
I ran into an issue today... I posted a classified and a member stated I will take it pending pics......

To me that means nothing more than I am interested. I posted pics and then emailed everyone who inquired with pics and posted them here.

Then posted the first I'll take it via email or post gets it... the member who said I will take it pending pics is now bend out of shape and feels I screwed him out of "my" pistol because he said I'll take it first.

When I pointed out that he said he would take it with a contingency not a i will take it he proceeded to tell me its my fault because I did not post pics last night instead posted them this morning........

People need to understand that an individual selling an item here has the right to sell that item in a manner that they deem fit. Also that a i'll take it with a contingency does not give you dibs.... IHMO Am I wrong on this?

Posts: 2606 | Location: Fred, VA | Registered: August 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post