SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Classifieds Section    WTS TIMNEY SIG MPX #683 triggers
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WTS TIMNEY SIG MPX #683 triggers Login/Join 
posted
Have four new style black #683 Timney SIG MPX triggers. All are straight, 4.5lb, one is new in package. The three that have been installed in my MPX's have less then 150 rounds fired. Going in a different direction with triggers for my MPX's.

This is the trigger that SIG is using in the "GEN II" MPX's presently.

NIP unit 150.00 shipped con us
Used units (3) 125.00 ea shipped con us

Thanks for looking.

Kattman from Michigan

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kattman,

Posts: 177 | Registered: December 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will take one of the used ones. Email Sent.

Posts: 87 | Location: MN | Registered: April 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kattman:
One used sold PF to rocketcbr929

Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
Curious what the new direction is for you.....

I'm tentatively interested in the new one.

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

Posts: 2474 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am going back to curved. When SIG started putting these in their GEN 2 MPX's, I shot a buddies and thought that the new Timney dedicated MPX trigger in it was the way to go so I swapped them all out. I don't have any straight triggers in any of my other PCC's and didn't care for it after shooting one match with my #1 MPX. I have three MPX's currently that are all SBR's. PCC's turn out to be real hard on trigger groups. The NIP trigger I have for sale is my spare. Note that these are all straight. Regards--Kattman from Michigan

posted Hide Post
I'm a little confused. As it relates to MPX pistols, all the Gen 2 MPXs I've seen have the curved trigger. In regards to the Gen 3, one of the new features is the straight Timney trigger in addition to the M-Lok handguard and sidefolding brace. Was this strictly a MPX carbine Gen 2 trigger?

Posts: 40 | Registered: April 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am as well.

The curved I use and am referring to are not SIG or Timney, they are KE SLT-1's. We all went to these early on as the OEM supplied MPX trigger was "challenging", and several regular AR triggers failed at low round count. This was an interesting learning curve for us local USPSA competitors to say the least.

I didn't know there was a GEN III???? All mine are at least 2 years or more old.

posted Hide Post
You're both referring to the same things but using different terminology. Chronologically, there have been three retail releases of the MPX.

1. Initial MPX release (Gen 1)
2. Gen 2 release, I believe less than a year after the Gen 1 came out. Labeled the MPX-K and included a new lower, Keymod handguard, a slightly different magazine, and had a curved stock trigger. The new Gen 2 magazines have an FDE colored follower.
3. Updates to the Gen 2 for 2019. Some may call it Gen 3, Gen 2.5, etc but it only includes a few functional differences compared to the somewhat significant differences between the Gen 1 and 2. The change from Keymod to MLOK handguard, the 4.5 lb flat Timney trigger, and a folding vs collapsing brace.

Sig themselves called out Gen 1 vs Gen 2 with the first two releases but as far as I'm aware they have not officially referred to the model with changes for 2019 as "Gen 3". The latest ones use all the same components, parts as the Gen 2 except the three upgrades.

Posts: 27 | Registered: November 30, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for clearing that up.

posted Hide Post
Yes, thank you.

Posts: 40 | Registered: April 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
NIP unit is sold

kattman from Michigan