SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Classifieds Section    WTB: A custom purse holster?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WTB: A custom purse holster? Login/Join 
posted
Here is a request that is a little different. My wife has her handgun license and would like to carry more often. She can’t really carry on her person because she mainly wears dresses and skirts to work, so the only real option is in her purse. The dilemma is that she can’t find a purse that she likes that can securely hold a firearm. So my question is this; can one of you folks make a holster and securely attach (sew?) it into a purse that she already has, all while making it look professional? She carries a Glock 43 with a Taran tactical +2 mag extension. Thanks in advance.

-----------------------
be safe.

Posts: 150 | Location: DFW, Texas | Registered: June 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JasonATI
posted Hide Post
My wife has one of these so it can be switched between different purses.

https://www.crossbreedholsters.../purse-defender.html

Posts: 355 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: October 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JasonATI:
My wife has one of these so it can be switched between different purses.

https://www.crossbreedholsters.../purse-defender.html

Hmm...very interesting. My wife is the same as barsad. Can't find a purse that she likes and already has (50 anyway!) This might work.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4016 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Perhaps contact sureshot45 or Countryboy for some custom work?

Support our troops, and our veterans.
Go Hokies!
New favorite quote from the golf course: "It's not the club, son."

Posts: 7513 | Location: Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
My buddy's wife uses a Coach purse as her carry. She keeps the weapon in a side pocket, grip side up.

In a Sportsman Warehouse I saw purses (in the $60 range) designed for concealed carry.

Sentiment without action is the ruin of the soul.

Help, I'm having premonitions of future flashbacks.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

Some people listen to the noise of the world,
And some people listen to the quiet.

Posts: 8584 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
This should be as easy as a woman finding the right pair of shoes... Big Grin

Get over yourself. You're not that special unless you walked on the moon or received the Medal of Honor.

Posts: 7791 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be Well and Keep Your Rifle Clean
Picture of mrmn50
posted Hide Post
Contact BRL on the forum. He is a holster maker of incredible capability but also is a dealer for a great purse company with products for all levels of that type of carry.

http://www.bigriverleather.com

"..AGAINST ALL ENEMIES, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC,...SO HELP ME GOD."

Posts: 20905 | Location: Czechtown,Minnesota | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post