SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Classifieds Section    FS: 10-22-17 - - - Reduced to $1,300 delivered - - - Leica IIIg camera and Voightlander VC Speed Meter II - - - Open to all trades
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FS: 10-22-17 - - - Reduced to $1,300 delivered - - - Leica IIIg camera and Voightlander VC Speed Meter II - - - Open to all trades Login/Join 
Picture of redleg2/9
posted
Offered is a mint condition Leica IIIg camera. This iconic camera is the last and finest of the screwmount Leica’s. It was made in January 1957.

I am the second owner. The camera and case were purchased in Germany and the box was thrown away to carry the camera over the shoulder to avoid custom duty.

The lens is a Leitz Summicron f =5cm 1:2. The UV Filter has been on the lens since day one and I have not removed it.

Included is a new Voightlander VC Speed Meter II, 45AD104A, Photos 11 – 14, I paid $225: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c..._Speed_Meter_II.html

I have the original owner’s manual and will send it along when I find it.
This is a great site with PDF IIIg manual, short instructions and data book: http://www.butkus.org/chinon/l..._iiig/leica_iiig.htm

I checked the IIIg out with my Leica repair lady and was told that it was good to go. However, I have not used it, or even taken it out of the house.
It has resided in my safe alongside my SL2.

The price for this iconic Leica IIIg is $1,300.00, delivered via insured Priority to the lower 48.

Payment via PayPal Friends, or add 3%, or USPS MO.

I am open to all interesting trades: ( 9mm and .45ACP ) Sigs, 1911's, etc. and Trijicon ACOG TA31-CH, 4x32, Dual Illuminated Red Crosshair, or Trijicon AccuPoint 1-4x24G.

Thanks for looking.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: redleg2/9,

“Artillery lends dignity to what might otherwise be a vulgar brawl.”

"…e questi fieno quelli de quali Demetrio disse, no facie va conto piv del uento il quale nella lor bocca causaua le parole, che del ueto ch usciua delle parti di sotto..."
Leonardo da Vinci

Posts: 1693 | Location: Louisiana - north of N.O. | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is nothing quite like the older Leicas'...

Your's looks excellent !

mike ( owner of a Leica 111 C)

PS: I wish I had your lightmeter !

Posts: 676 | Location: Idaho | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mike28w:
There is nothing quite like the older Leicas'...

Your's looks excellent !

mike ( owner of a Leica 111 C)

PS: I wish I had your lightmeter !

Voightlander light meter is still in production. About $250.

Aside... I owned a IIIC, a 1948 production when they sold used in early '70's for under $100.

"If you believe you can trust the Federal Government, just ask an Indian". - Anonymous.

Posts: 4985 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
bump !

Posts: 676 | Location: Idaho | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redleg2/9
posted Hide Post
Bump with price reduction and now open for all interesting trades.

Thank you mike28w for the bump. Smile

"…e questi fieno quelli de quali Demetrio disse, no facie va conto piv del uento il quale nella lor bocca causaua le parole, che del ueto ch usciua delle parti di sotto..."
Leonardo da Vinci

Posts: 1693 | Location: Louisiana - north of N.O. | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redleg2/9
posted Hide Post
Final price reduction to $1,300. delivered.

Leonardo da Vinci