SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Classifieds Section    SOLD Afton Arms P226SL, German, all stainless, no rail, 9mm
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
SOLD Afton Arms P226SL, German, all stainless, no rail, 9mm Login/Join 
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Any idea as to how many were done by Afton?

I'm trying to understand WHY this is worth 3X a normal 226.
 
Posts: 5725 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Jamie brought in many fine examples.
 
Posts: 4122 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of redleg2/9
posted Hide Post
This is a fine gun and I am glad that Q. was able to get it.
However: Is this discussion, or any discussion, appropriate for the Classifieds?
Should this not be moved to Pistols?

.


“Leave the Artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot. . .” – Napoleon Bonaparte
 
Posts: 1830 | Location: Louisiana - north of N.O. | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of kgray01
posted Hide Post
Congrats! It's a beauty!


__________________________

1 Sam. 15:28
 
Posts: 266 | Location: DFW Area | Registered: December 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
One of my bucket list grail guns that I would love to get some day. That is my ideal P226 right there.

Congrats!
 
Posts: 237 | Registered: February 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the DL
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by redleg2/9:
This is a fine gun and I am glad that Q. was able to get it.
However: Is this discussion, or any discussion, appropriate for the Classifieds?
Should this not be moved to Pistols?
My understanding -- I could be wrong -- is that the management does not want discussion in the Classified area that would sidetrack a sale.

In this case the sale is a done deal, so discussion of this type will not interfere with the sale and is therefore harmless.

As I said, I could be wrong and if so, I hope that a moderator will step in to clarify.



A mind is a terrible thing.
 
Posts: 18355 | Location: Central Florida (near Orlando) | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
One comment previously was why this is more than a current SIG.

If my memory serves me correct, these Master Shop builds were all special order from the SIG Sauer Custom shop in Germany, not a stateside gun. Stateside guns are assembled, this was built also with test target, the original zipper magazines, serial numbered barrel and slide. German Master Shop Standard far exceed that stateside guns.

Not sure how many of these were built but if anything like the Master Shop Full Stainless P226 I own from them maybe 15 or so. I was very fortunate to get one of the black over stainless master shop Stainless P228's also no rail, no tail, triple serial number. I think, repeat think there was one order of 10 or 15 of these one.

Hope this helps a little


Be safe and keep the brass flying

Terry Peters

Do your research but you get what you pay for front end or back end.
 
Posts: 84 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^ Terry,

There were 9 of these Ilaflon coated all stainless P226s specially built from the Mastershop.

And, 10 of the stainless frame P228s from 2012.

This is per SIG's records, which I inquired in writing.

I did not ask them about the P228 batch from 2013, but, according to Jaymie, before he passed, he ordered 10 more.
Btw, this 2nd batch of the stainless frame P228s did NOT come with the test target. Yeah, even the Mastershop was slacking at the time. Roll Eyes
 
Posts: 15815 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
12131, do you mean 9 of the P226s built or imported ? I seem to recall the SL being offered in both black or raw stainless colors. I would think they made more than 9 of those fine pistols.
 
Posts: 14447 | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
12131, do you mean 9 of the P226s built or imported ? I seem to recall the SL being offered in both black or raw stainless colors. I would think they made more than 9 of those fine pistols.

Built and imported. These were special ordered guns by Afton Arms and imported by SIG USA. hurstolds1 has one of the natural stainless P226s.
 
Posts: 15815 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
This is per SIG's records, which I inquired in writing.


Was this a physical letter to Sig in Germany or an email? Where did you direct this inquiry if you don't mind me asking? I have a pre-99 P220S GI import I'd like to see what they have on it.
 
Posts: 32 | Location: Central, FL | Registered: August 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a.lol.cat:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
This is per SIG's records, which I inquired in writing.


Was this a physical letter to Sig in Germany or an email? Where did you direct this inquiry if you don't mind me asking? I have a pre-99 P220S GI import I'd like to see what they have on it.

emailed to SIG NH. They have records because these are newer guns (post-2005).
Anything pre-2005, they will claim "our database doesn't go back that far". We all know this drill.

Btw, I think we should stop discussing this anymore, keeping bumping it up. Further discussion can be done in the Pistols section. Wink
 
Posts: 15815 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
12131,
Would it be possible to e-mail a copy of the Sig documentation? I was fortunate enough to get one of the P226SL's and two of the P228's, one from each batch.
Thanks







 
Posts: 662 | Location: Down South | Registered: February 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
I wish I had been able to get one of the 228s, but at the time, I was lucky to get a 226.

Ordered 9/19/2011
Received 10/25/2012



___________________________________________________________
Yo Macklin, great party, but no whiskey. We go home now.
 
Posts: 2521 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
You all are making me very jealous
 
Posts: 4122 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of wgsigs
posted Hide Post
Congratulations. Lynn Smolens, Jamie's widow, had two of the natural stainless P226 SLs left, which I badly wanted, but I just couldn't pull the trigger for $2400 back at the end of 2013 because Christmas was coming. I regret I was not able to get in on the pre-order at a lower price. Frown
 
Posts: 2691 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wgsigs:
Congratulations. Lynn Smolens, Jamie's widow, had two of the natural stainless P226 SLs left, which I badly wanted, but I just couldn't pull the trigger for $2400 back at the end of 2013 because Christmas was coming. I regret I was not able to get in on the pre-order at a lower price. Frown


E-mailed Sig about the production numbers. There were (4) natural stainless P226SL and (20) total of the stainless frame P228's shipped. They are both pretty rare!
 
Posts: 662 | Location: Down South | Registered: February 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hurstolds1:
quote:
Originally posted by wgsigs:
Congratulations. Lynn Smolens, Jamie's widow, had two of the natural stainless P226 SLs left, which I badly wanted, but I just couldn't pull the trigger for $2400 back at the end of 2013 because Christmas was coming. I regret I was not able to get in on the pre-order at a lower price. Frown


E-mailed Sig about the production numbers. There were (4) natural stainless P226SL's and (20) total of the stainless frame P228's shipped. They are both pretty rare!
 
Posts: 662 | Location: Down South | Registered: February 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Classifieds Section    SOLD Afton Arms P226SL, German, all stainless, no rail, 9mm

© SIGforum 2018