SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Classifieds Section    Price gouging of P239 magazines
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Price gouging of P239 magazines Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
.357 Sig Magazine

.40 Magazine

Note the groove in the body of the magazine, just in front of the numbered witness holes. The body of the magazine really is distinct between the two.

Posts: 41 | Registered: November 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
The price gouging is outrageous.

However, this place being what it is, I posted a WTB ad some months ago, and one of our members simply sent me two 239 mags for free-- he had extra, and just gifted them to me. Smile

I bought more from another member who sold at a very reasonable-- generous, actually-- price. And these were 10 rounders.

The gougers are out of step with the spirit of this place. Thank you, Para, for calling them out.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 9952 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Gentlemen and ladies, you will not be allowed to sell P239 magazines for these ridiculous (and I do mean 'ridiculous', in the textbook sense of the word) prices I've seen here lately.

75 and 100 dollars? The P239 was in production for more than two decades. You don't possess the Hope Diamond. Take your unethical opportunism elsewhere.

Price gouging has never been allowed in this forum and for as long as I run it, price gouging will never be allowed. I don't care how precious you think your goods are. Sell them on eBay. Sell them on other forums.

I assumed it was supply and demand.

I don't own and never owned a 239. Didn't even realize it was OOP until a week or two ago, when a friend recently bought a used one with three mags and was looking for more......went on eBay and has seen some SELL for over $160!!!! I couldn't believe it. So when I found some on here for $75, I pointed him to the ads and he was happy to snag them at that price.

Posts: 1685 | Location: USA | Registered: October 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hogarth:
I assumed it was supply and demand.
No doubt that it is. I get the impression there's a bit more to it than that.

Regardless of the reasons, I just don't want to see it here. If the demand is so great as to make scalper's prices attractive, the sellers certainly will find eager customers at the ready on other sites.

In a free society, one does not have to deal with those who are irrational. One is free to avoid them. - Ayn Rand

Posts: 83777 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Can somebody post a photo of a P239 with a P225A1 magazine inserted?

P239 9mm Magazine on Left / P225A1 on Right

P239 with P239 Mag

P239 with P225A1 Mag

If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under. Ronald Reagan

Posts: 676 | Location: Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the DL
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tooky13:
quote:
Can somebody post a photo of a P239 with a P225A1 magazine inserted?
Great! Thanks for the photos.

I have a question that might start a discussion which might be better in the Pistol section. I'll ask the question here, since other folks who need P239 9mm magazines might already be following this thread, but moderators please move me to the Pistol section if you think the following should be there.

Question: It appears that the body of the P225A1 and the P239 9mm magazines is identical, and the only difference is the base. Is that correct? If so, can a P239 9mm base be swapped onto a P225A1 magazine? The "Plus One" base, which SIG says is for the .357 / .40 P239 magazines seems to work just fine on a 9mm P239 magazine.

A mind is a terrible thing.

Posts: 18452 | Location: Central Florida (near Orlando) | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bumper
posted Hide Post
GunMagWarehouse has P239 "factory mags" in 40 on sale for $20.

https://gunmagwarehouse.com/si...-round-magazine.html

I bought 5 just before the P239 was discontinued or $11 each - clearance sale!

And my credit card got hammered for $1K around GMW location (I had not used card for a month and the fraud started 3.5 hours after placing order. Bank covered it, but it was still a pain.

Posts: 1193 | Location: Nevada, United States | Registered: April 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Photoman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dusty3030:

Someone should reach out to Gregcote LLC and see if he can get some from MecGar in 9mm, 40 and 357. I am sure if he got enough demand he could make it happen.

I spoke with a wonderfully nice Italian man at the MecGar booth at the NRA convention this year and he said no dice, no way.

I promptly sold off all my 239's and 239 mags when I realized that SIG was not going to support their own products (no springs, no mags, etc.) and I'm not ashamed to say I sold most of the mags for a good profit while losing big time selling the guns because no one wants to buy a dead end gun.

+++

Posts: 1479 | Registered: May 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Thanks for this thread. I had no idea the 239 had been axed. It also reminded me to stock up on parts kits for my other Sig pistols in case they get purged down the road.

Posts: 6020 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Photoman:
quote:

Someone should reach out to Gregcote LLC and see if he can get some from MecGar in 9mm, 40 and 357. I am sure if he got enough demand he could make it happen.

I spoke with a wonderfully nice Italian man at the MecGar booth at the NRA convention this year and he said no dice, no way.

I promptly sold off all my 239's and 239 mags when I realized that SIG was not going to support their own products (no springs, no mags, etc.) and I'm not ashamed to say I sold most of the mags for a good profit while losing big time selling the guns because no one wants to buy a dead end gun.

Maybe it's me but I don't understand this type of mindset. How is the gun dead? Why would one sell off all his 239's and accessories? The gun is going to be around for years to come. How many times does one really need to replace the springs in a gun? I bought my first 239 many years ago, have never changed a spring. It works everytime I fire it and has never failed to operate. I expect mine (all of them) to be around a long,long time.

Posts: 4712 | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the DL
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
I don't understand this type of mindset. How is the gun dead? Why would one sell off all his 239's and accessories?
I really, REALLY, like my P239. Yeah, it's a bit heavy for its capacity, but that's probably part of what makes it such a great shooter.

If people are dumping them I'm going to keep an eye on prices; might be able to pick up another one at bargain basement cost.

Posts: 18452 | Location: Central Florida (near Orlando) | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Maybe it's me but I don't understand this type of mindset. How is the gun dead? Why would one sell off all his 239's and accessories? The gun is going to be around for years to come. How many times does one really need to replace the springs in a gun? I bought my first 239 many years ago, have never changed a spring. It works everytime I fire it and has never failed to operate. I expect mine (all of them) to be around a long,long time.

^^^This. Also, if anybody doesn’t want their “obsolete” Hi Power crowding up their life, I’d be happy to give it a good home.

[i]

Posts: 5489 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Photoman
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

It's mostly me getting screwed by SIG. Nothing like buying a $1000 gun and then one month later finding out the factory has dumped all their spare mags and will no longer support it. I have no use for a gun that requires very hard to find, $75+ magazines.

For those of you that will be keeping your 239's, I highly recommend stocking up on mags. All indications are, the aftermarket is not going to support this gun.

+++

Posts: 1479 | Registered: May 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Similar situation with the Classic P225 / P6. Mags are scarce (not including the worthless ProMag) and expensive.
But you can still find them cheap from time to time.
No plans here to sell my 239.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 6870 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

It's mostly me getting screwed by SIG. Nothing like buying a $1000 gun and then one month later finding out the factory has dumped all their spare mags and will no longer support it. I have no use for a gun that requires very hard to find, $75+ magazines.

For those of you that will be keeping your 239's, I highly recommend stocking up on mags. All indications are, the aftermarket is not going to support this gun.

Why and where would I pay $75.00 for a magazine? That would be a robbery and make me the victim and I will NEVER be a victim.

Picture of BloodyThumb
posted Hide Post
If you have access to an LE distributor, try there. I was able to pick up (verified to be in stock and ordered by phone) 2 new mags via that route today.

Thanks,
BT

WWW.NLEOMF.COM
LEO
NRA Life
NAHC Life

Engraving on a hand gun is like lace on a leather jacket.

Posts: 145 | Location: Indyucky | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
I don't understand this type of mindset. How is the gun dead? Why would one sell off all his 239's and accessories?
I really, REALLY, like my P239. Yeah, it's a bit heavy for its capacity, but that's probably part of what makes it such a great shooter.

If people are dumping them I'm going to keep an eye on prices; might be able to pick up another one at bargain basement cost.

Is the 239 your EDC in the heat and humidity you experience down there in Florida V-Tail?

On the DL
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Is the 239 your EDC in the heat and humidity you experience down there in Florida V-Tail?
It depends on what clothing I am wearing, in terms of what I can conceal.

Easiest to conceal is a P938. I shoot the P239 a bit better, so if my clothing will conceal that, I will carry it. In cooler weather, when I can conceal better, I will carry either a P245 or a P228.

The Constable
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Similar situation with the Classic P225 / P6. Mags are scarce (not including the worthless ProMag) and expensive.
But you can still find them cheap from time to time.

Same thing with the discontinued S&W M-1000 series 10mm mags. They are running $100+ on the sale sites. But one can still find them occasionally for $50 or $60 , which is still outrageous.

I'm still surprised how SIG just dumped the 239 and any support.

Posts: 5749 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
I see 9mm mags are pricier but are the 40 and 357 still above MSRP?

Posts: 1459 | Location: Leesburg VA | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post