SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Classifieds Section    Price gouging of P239 magazines
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Price gouging of P239 magazines Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
Gentlemen and ladies, you will not be allowed to sell P239 magazines for these ridiculous (and I do mean 'ridiculous', in the textbook sense of the word) prices I've seen here lately.

75 and 100 dollars? The P239 was in production for more than two decades. You don't possess the Hope Diamond. Take your unethical opportunism elsewhere.

Price gouging has never been allowed in this forum and for as long as I run it, price gouging will never be allowed. I don't care how precious you think your goods are. Sell them on eBay. Sell them on other forums.

Posts: 84856 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Wow! $75 to $100? Yeah sure, the P239 is D/C'ed, but come on. Not cool.

Posts: 16615 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jac1304
posted Hide Post
Anyone that’s been around here a while knows better...this is why I am here all the time. Thank you.. Smile

Posts: 849 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow. It wasn't just me.
Recently picked up a 239 and couldn't believe what they were looking for. AND getting it!

Posts: 1170 | Location: AZ | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Thanks Para!

Earlier this year, I heard the P239 was discontinued and realized I had neglected to buy my normal 10 or 12 magazines. I managed to get into the double digits between buying here and fleabay. Lowest price I paid was Sigforum at $27 including s&h and highest I paid was on fleabay at $41.95 including s&h.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 16831 | Location: N. Houston, TX | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
I’ve got my eyes on a .357 P239 right now.. yikes! It’s not an HK P13! Thanks Para.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 5148 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dusty3030
posted Hide Post
Thinking about this when I had mine (a .40 with spare .357 barrel) the factory .357 specific mags were obviously MecGar's. Had that shiny blue/black finish.

Someone should reach out to Gregcote LLC and see if he can get some from MecGar in 9mm, 40 and 357. I am sure if he got enough demand he could make it happen.

Straight shootin!
dusty

Posts: 3560 | Location: Fayette County, TN | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
Picture of Ronin101
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dusty3030:
Thinking about this when I had mine (a .40 with spare .357 barrel) the factory .357 specific mags were obviously MecGar's. Had that shiny blue/black finish.

Someone should reach out to Gregcote LLC and see if he can get some from MecGar in 9mm, 40 and 357. I am sure if he got enough demand he could make it happen.

I tried before it was discontinued and he said he couldn't get them. but someone could try again. I have 5 and figure that will have to do!!

Posts: 6691 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
Thank you for bringing this issue up. I’ve been shocked before on this site by sellers gouging and fishing. I thought we were better than that. Thanks to your diligence we are.

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 1919 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's why I only have the 2 the gun came with. Sheesh

Posts: 43 | Registered: February 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the DL
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:
I’ve got my eyes on a .357 P239 right now.. yikes! It’s not an HK P13!
I'm not sure what's going on, but I see the 9mm P239 magazines going for astronomical prices. The .40 S&W and the .357 SIG magazines seem to be more reasonable. Also, it is my understanding -- I could be wrong -- that for the P239, the .357 SIG magazines are NG for .40, but the .40 magazines can be used for .357. With the P226 the .357 and .40 are one and the same. Similarly for P229.

A mind is a terrible thing.

Posts: 19131 | Location: Central Florida (near Orlando) | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
^^ That could very well be Vtail. I’m new to the platform. I didn’t know if the 357 mags I was seeing would be marked for 40 as well, or not. I’ll be sure what I buy says .357SIG!

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 5148 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
V-tail, you can tell by the dimples. The P239 .357 mags have lined inward-facing dimples at the front/top of the magazine on each side which I assume helps to "guide" the .357 tapered rounds. (Sorry, don't have a picture at hand).
The .40 mags don't have those dimples. So you can use a .40 mag with either caliber, but .40s in the .357 mags evidently won't feed properly.

I was lucky and found some new OEM Sig P239 mags several months ago new in the packs for $15 each. As Para noted I was wondering myself about the pretty sentimental mag prices.

Posts: 996 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
225a mags work in 239.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 4830 | Location: Duckburg, OR | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
To clarify, 357 SIG P239 magazines are specific to the cartridge and have a narrowed guiding ridge on the top inside to more closely fit the bottlenecked design of the case. That narrowing or constriction prevents loading more than one round of 40 S&W ammunition in a 357 239 magazine.

The 40 S&W P239 magazines are the same except for not having that narrowed section near the top. They will accommodate 357 ammunition, and seem to work fine for the purpose based on numerous reports here.

“Most men … can seldom accept the simplest and most obvious truth if it … would oblige them to admit the falsity of conclusions … which they have woven, thread by thread, into the fabrics of their lives.”
— Leo Tolstoy

Posts: 38750 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Thank's Para!

Posts: 5943 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hamden106:
225a mags work in 239.

I didn't know that. Is it a true interchangeable fit, or is it somewhat inexact?

Posts: 7273 | Location: Sunset Highway MP37, then turn South | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
quote:
Originally posted by Hamden106:
225a mags work in 239.

I didn't know that. Is it a true interchangeable fit, or is it somewhat inexact?

If it does work, it will stick out from the bottom a little, as the 225A1 mag is simply the 239 mag with that useless extended base.

Posts: 16615 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the DL
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Can somebody post a photo of a P239 with a P225A1 magazine inserted?

A mind is a terrible thing.

Posts: 19131 | Location: Central Florida (near Orlando) | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
So, Obviously this is a solution for the 9mm P239. For the .40 or .357, you are still in need of P239 mags, correct??

in other words, I don't think there is yet a .40 P225a.

Posts: 7273 | Location: Sunset Highway MP37, then turn South | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post