SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Classifieds Section    WTB: P228 in Maine
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WTB: P228 in Maine Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Not ftf in Maine (your vision on price probably precludes that) but there is a nice one posted above.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 9030 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My vision on price? Not sure what that means...that somehow classic Sigs carry a premium in Maine over the rest of the USA? Guys trying to cash in & get $1200 for pistols that just a few months back were $750 isn’t me be unrealistic - it’s them being greedy. And like I said, I can see that $750 now being $850/$900 - after that, I’ll keep my 230 & buy a CZ...

Posts: 14 | Location: Maine | Registered: September 03, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
You do realize that the ATF does not get a S/N (or even a Manufacturer & Model #) as part of the NICS Background Check on a Transfer, correct? The only info that's part of the NICS Check is obviously your identity, so they can actually do the background check, and whether the transfer is for a handgun or long gun....That's it!

Unless your FFL doesn't use a 'Bound Book' for Transfers, and uses electronic records, the likelihood of the ATF ever getting more info about the transfer is essentially nil. Even if the FFL goes out of business and turns in his Bound Book(s) and a pile of 4473's to the ATF, they're not likely to do manual data entry to electronically record all the historical transfer data. If you've got concerns, then don't do transfers where the FFL uses electronic records (where all the 4473 data is entered through a computer). In that case, if the FFL goes out of business, the ATF can simply import the data.

Unless you're a Prohibited Person, there's NO reason to be concerned about the NICS Background Check and a Transfer through an FFL! Just Sayin' Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2020....Make America Great Again!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20

Posts: 4150 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post