SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Classifieds Section    WTB Montague Suisse P225 factory grips
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WTB Montague Suisse P225 factory grips Login/Join 
posted
I have a Montage Suisse P225. I would like to buy new facory grips for it.

I am not sure if the Montqage Suisse grips are different. I bought a factory P225/P6 grip set. Close but wont't quite fit.

Thanks

This message has been edited. Last edited by: filipows,

Posts: 9 | Location: Eastern Washington | Registered: June 14, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Montage Suisse P225 has the heel mag release, so the ubiquitous side release mag P225/P6's grips, the ones that you bought don't fit, as you found out.

Posts: 16030 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes Thanks, I forgot or didn't realize the original German P 225 did not have the heel mag release. I was thinking all the early European Sigs had the heel release.

Thanks for pointing that out. Just looked at what I had and noticed the divot for the ussual grip, side mag release.

Posts: 9 | Location: Eastern Washington | Registered: June 14, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of alinc100
posted Hide Post
When I wanted to outfit my MS P225 with G-10 grips I discovered the same issue. Some careful work with a rotary tool and some files and the G-10s fit right on.

Posts: 318 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: April 11, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After picking up a MS P225 at a local pawn shop several years ago I searched all the usual places (Sig, GB, Hogue, eBay etc) for factory replacement grips, but to no avail. Hopefully a pair turns up here for you. Also, interesting to know it’s possibke to retrofit a set of American mag release grips...good luck with the search, keep us posted.

Posts: 66 | Location: NE Texas | Registered: May 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Thanks for the reply. I am finding out more about the Montag Suisse. Very small bits and pieces here and there in obscure posts. Are you aware of any concise source for details on these pistols?

Thanks

Dennis

quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Montage Suisse P225 has the heel mag release, so the ubiquitous side release mag P225/P6's grips, the ones that you bought don't fit, as you found out.